The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Office365 to AAD synchronization - shared mailbox details RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question about synchronizing Office365 shared mailbox "details" to AAD.

I found that (by default) not every properties are synchronized from Office365 to AAD (i.e., customattribute to extensionattribute, recipienttypedetail to msExchRecipientTypeDetails, etc).

I used Get-AzureADUser -ObjectId <sharemailbox email> | Select-Object -Property *.

Is there something I need to do/config/setup?

Thanks

Al

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:24 PM

All replies

• AAD simply doesn't recognize or expose many of these properties, you should be looking at the corresponding object representing the shared mailbox in ExODS instead, via the corresponding Exchange Online PowerShell cmdlets. Shared mailboxes are not treated any different to user mailboxes, so if you haven't played with the default sync rules the full set of properties listed here should be synchrnzied: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/19901.dirsync-list-of-attributes-that-are-synced-by-the-azure-active-directory-sync-tool.aspx
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:40 AM
  • Hi,

for on-prem Exchange -> on-prem AD -> Azure AD, i have no issue with synchronizing the MSExchRecipientTypeDetails flag.

for office365 (exchange online) -> Azure AD, I'm having issue with synchronizing the MSExchRecipientTypeDetails flag.   so you're saying it's not possible to sync office365 fields to Azure AD properly?   is there anything we can "tune"?

Also, are the mailbox permissions (full permission, etc) sync'ed from on-prem AD to Azure AD?

thanks

Al

Saturday, November 9, 2019 12:18 AM
  • Please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions. Also please remember to post future questions on the new Q&A Forums here : https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/index.html Thanks

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:07 PM