Can I modify SQL Identity tables? RRS feed

• Question

• User1661343644 posted

Hello,

I've came upon this page http://www.asp.net/identity/overview/extensibility/implementing-a-custom-mysql-aspnet-identity-storage-provider and I am curious if I can create table completely new then what is given in the tutorial.

For example , I wish to make a registration page to have FirstName, LastName, BirthDate, Password and UserName and so that the database table have those fields as well so that when user registers he fills those fields. But in the tutorial they presented a create table query that have all those rows in table like EmailConfirmed, SecurityStamp, LockoutEnabled etc. which are kind of the same tables as for default app database you get once you first time launch default application and register user.

I am wondering can I create a table only with the fields I mentioned I have need for? I am new to MVC and I am not sure if I SQL or EntityFramework will work the same when creating completly a table with my own rows and so later when using roles and authorization, to have same abilities as I have when dealing with default database that EntityFramework creates. I hope you can direct me to some place where I could read about it or provide any info in this manner.

Thanks

Sunday, August 10, 2014 4:48 AM

All replies