none
developer license for windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview over Windows 7 Ultimate.  Installed Visual Studio 11 Beta.  Asks me to agree to Developer License info...I agree, get error. 

How do I get a valid Windows 8 Consumer Preview Developer License?  I see people asking everywhere with the same problem, but no valid explanation or fix has been sent.

Its a 64bit machine.

Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi ravipiplani,

Please have a look at this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/toolsforwinapps/thread/9b6d1274-6dd0-45a0-8814-29f0500b9fa9

Your issue occurs after performing an upgrade from Windows 7 and preserving Apps and Settings. We are working to resolve the problem, however below are options to resolve this on your own:

• If you have not yet upgraded, be sure to select “Just personal files” in the “What do you want to keep” dialog during Windows 8 Consumer Preview setup.
    • If you have already upgraded and are experiencing this error, you can reinstall Windows 8 Consumer Preview over top of your existing installation. This time be sure to select “Just personal files” during the “What do you want to keep” dialog during setup.  This will allow you to retain your files while resolving the issue preventing you from acquiring a developer license.

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Proposed as answer by systemx Friday, March 9, 2012 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry WangModerator Friday, March 9, 2012 5:44 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:10 AM

All replies