Attaching files in TFS work item template RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement to have the option to attach files in my work item template. I need to have at least 10 different attachment controls in the same template. How can this be achieved?

Can I use  <Control Type="AttachmentsControl" LabelPosition="Top" /> for this? If yes, how can I create 10 different controls? Also, is it possible to set the height and width of the attachment control?

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 10:14 PM

Answers

• Hi PerplexedDev,

The AttachmentsControl is a control that we can’t use it for different requirement, because they display all the attachments regardless of how we upload.

For your requirement, I think you need to custom work item controls to replace default AttachmentsControl control.

There is an article that can help you:

# Custom Controls for TFS Work Item Tracking

https://witcustomcontrols.codeplex.com/

For the size of control, I think you could change Width and Height property (Minimum size section), you also could change Margin, column size.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:56 AM