VS2010 - WPF Designer display RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I like to have the designer with about 25 % of width at left and the source code with about 75 % of width at right.

But when I lauch I always have to switch horizontal view to vertical view and resize these windows. That is very boring with a big project.

Is there a way to have this style by default ?

Thanks

• Edited by victorc2 Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:03 PM

Answers

• You cannot change the default but VS will remember the split view settings on a per file basis. So when you open the same file the next time then it will appear the same way as when you closed it. These settings are stored per solution in the solution user options (.suo) file.

I hope this helps.

Marco Goertz \ Sr. Dev Lead \ WPF/SL Designer \ Expression-Cider \ Microsoft
    • Marked as answer by victorc2 Monday, October 3, 2011 9:56 PM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Ok thanks.

So It could be great if this parameter become settable for the next version.

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:56 PM

All replies

• You cannot change the default but VS will remember the split view settings on a per file basis. So when you open the same file the next time then it will appear the same way as when you closed it. These settings are stored per solution in the solution user options (.suo) file.

I hope this helps.

Marco Goertz \ Sr. Dev Lead \ WPF/SL Designer \ Expression-Cider \ Microsoft
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Ok thanks.

So It could be great if this parameter become settable for the next version.

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:56 PM