Emoji in windows 8.1 store app using c#.

Question

• Hi All,

I am windows 8.1 store app developer using c#. I have developed a SMS like app which have sported color Emoji(Smiley) symbols same as native Skype app in windows 8.1. How can I do that any idea? Please help me.

ThanQ

Ganesh

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:36 AM

Answers

• Windows 8.1 supports full colour fonts to allow emoji and provides the Segoe UI Emoji font. You can use it in a Textbox with IsColorFontEnabled set
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:32 PM
    Owner
  • You will have to scan the string to recognise patterns like ":)" and replace them with the Unicode Emoji characters.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:36 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Windows 8.1 supports full colour fonts to allow emoji and provides the Segoe UI Emoji font. You can use it in a Textbox with IsColorFontEnabled set
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:32 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

ThanQ for your valuable reply. I was followed you suggestion and its working fine for same platform like windows to windows but in cross platform like windows to android or ISO we receive some garbage value. How can I implement it for cross platform? It is possible to show emoji images inside a text block? Suppose a android user send a emoji like ":)" and when we receive this string we replace it to a emoji image which is store in a local app folder.Is it possible?

I am using this text block which is inside a list box data template given bellow 

<RichTextBlock g:HyperlinkExtensions.RawText="{Binding receiveSms}" IsColorFontE

nabled="True" FontFamily="Segoe UI Emoji" Foreground="{Binding FontColor}" Width="auto" TextWrapping="Wrap" Margin="15,10,15,10"/ >

Please suggest how can I do that or if you have a better idea please suggest me.

ThanQ

Ganesh

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:55 AM
  • You will have to scan the string to recognise patterns like ":)" and replace them with the Unicode Emoji characters.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:36 PM
    Owner