none
Get list item permission along with role defination using REST Api RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Ashish,

Cant you try something like below?

http://SharePoint/sites/abc/_api/Web/Lists(guid'a5fffbd8-d36b-4165-9fc3-fe59afb84edd')/Items(12)?$select=RoleAssignments/Member/LoginName,RoleAssignments/RoleDefinitionBindings/Name&$expand=RoleAssignments/Member,RoleAssignments/RoleDefinitionBindings

Using above query, you will get user and groups along with permissions. then you can try to filter the result based on your requirement.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Ashish_H Monday, March 6, 2017 8:50 AM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

Cant you try something like below?

http://SharePoint/sites/abc/_api/Web/Lists(guid'a5fffbd8-d36b-4165-9fc3-fe59afb84edd')/Items(12)?$select=RoleAssignments/Member/LoginName,RoleAssignments/RoleDefinitionBindings/Name&$expand=RoleAssignments/Member,RoleAssignments/RoleDefinitionBindings

Using above query, you will get user and groups along with permissions. then you can try to filter the result based on your requirement.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Ashish_H Monday, March 6, 2017 8:50 AM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 10:28 AM
  • Hi Jaydeep,

Thanks; when I am trying to parse the response in visual studio workflow as below:

I am getting the value in variable 'LoginName' but variable 'Role' is Null. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

• Edited by Ashish_H Friday, March 3, 2017 12:15 PM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 12:08 PM
  • Hope you are using '&$expand=RoleAssignments/Member,RoleAssignments/RoleDefinitionBindings'.

Can you try the rest quest in browser and check the response?

Thanks.

Friday, March 3, 2017 12:23 PM
  • yeah, I tried that and getting proper response on browser but not sure what I am missing when parsing it inside the workflow.
    Friday, March 3, 2017 12:39 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

Please follow the steps in the article below to call REST API in Visual Studio Workflow:

SharePoint Hosted App - Using REST in a Workflow

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 6, 2017 8:32 AM