none
BizTalk WCF-Custom adapter with SQL server timeout. RRS feed

• Question

• I am generating an CUSCAR EDI file from the data available in the SQL db using a WCF-Custom request response port. The volume of data retrived from the db is huge when the response is archived in a physical folder it extends upto 40 MB.

I am frequently getting time out issue, when I request DB for the Data from the BizTalk server 2016. I also increased the receive timeout property under Bindings in the WCF-Custom adapter to 1 hour, still it is failing for almost all the request. Is there any other way of sorting it out.

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:03 PM

All replies

• Can you clarify something?  Is it taking over an hour to retrieve the data?
    Monday, March 12, 2018 12:18 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response. Yes it it taking 1 hour after that it is ended in time out error. I ran the same stored procedure from the SQL management studio it is taking less than 1 minute to execute.

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:21 PM
  • Them something else is going on.

If you output the query in Management Studio to a file, how long does it take and how big is the file?

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:50 PM
  • I ran this query for one the request..it took some 3 seconds and the file is around some 3 MB. I think DB wise no issue, I suspect the connectivity. Is there a way to ensure

the connectivity between biztalk and the SQL is fine?

Monday, March 12, 2018 1:26 PM
  • So, you have to run it with the same expected result as you'd get with BizTalk.  Testing with one record really doesn't tell you anything useful.
    Monday, March 12, 2018 5:00 PM