New User Error Message RRS feed

• Question

• User-546941600 posted
    After a clean install, I attempted to create the first user.  First page shows the login as expected, so I click the link to Create User.  When I enter the new user information I get the following error:

The role 'ProjectAdministrator' was not found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The role 'ProjectAdministrator' was not found.

Why is this happening?
    Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:53 PM

All replies

• User2139546011 posted

I am also getting this problem - I have created a ProgramAdministrator role in the TT_Roles table, and also in the aspnet.Roles table - still get this error - any help out there?

Line 37:
    Line 38:             Case "0"
    Line 39:                 Roles.AddUserToRole(newUserName, "ProjectAdministrator")
    Line 40:                 Roles.AddUserToRole(newUserName, "ProjectManager")
    Line 41:                 Roles.AddUserToRole(newUserName, "Consultant")
    Source File: D:\Websites\TimeTracker\TimeTracker\User_Create.aspx.vb    Line: 39

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 5:11 PM
  • User2139546011 posted

OK - if you are not using SQL Express, but instaed using SQL2005, you must  connect the timetracker.mdf database file to your SQL2005 server like this:

EXEC sp_attach_single_file_db @dbname = 'TimeTracker',

@physname = 'D:\Websites\TimeTracker\App_Data\TimeTracker.mdf'

Of course, you must find the physical path to where you have placed the mdf file when you installed the starter kit.

See this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_sp_ae-az_4wrm.asp

Hope this helps

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 5:37 PM
  • User555306248 posted

Try to use Web Administrator tools.

and check ProjectAdministrator role is present or not ?

Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:30 AM
  • User555306248 posted
    Whether you found the role ProjectAdministrator usinf Web Admin tool...
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:39 PM
  • User193260626 posted

I am using the Sqlexpress.  Still I am getting the error

Thanks

Sunday, May 13, 2007 11:18 AM
  • User193260626 posted
    Ok. I was able to fix the problem. From VS2005, Websites -> ASP Net Configuration -> Security -> create or manage roles and created "ProjectAdministrator" role (just typed it in the text box provided).  Now there is no error created.
    Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:22 PM
  • User555306248 posted

I posted it already in my first post itself..

i.e. Use Admin Tool [:)]

Monday, May 14, 2007 5:32 AM