javascript problem in expressionweb 4 RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm editing html pages that have javascript in them, obviously the js are not activated (previewed) but instead just there. So when I'm in design mode I see this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/microsoft-office/140870d1298845669t-js-problem-express-web-js.png

The slider in real view mode shows as a proper js slider with 4 images like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/microsoft-office/140871d1298845716t-js-problem-express-web-real.png

How do I get expression web (v4) to correctly display the js in design mode? 

I have a hard time editing the html content whle the js content is overlaying the other content such as text, images, etc.

Same thing happens with the js drop down menu I'm using, etc.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 6:19 PM

Answers

• How do I get expression web (v4) to correctly display the js in design mode?

The simple answer is that you don't. EW design view will not display any dynamic content correctly. For that you either need to preview in a browser, or use the Slapshot add-in.

Jim

Monday, February 28, 2011 6:59 PM

All replies

• How do I get expression web (v4) to correctly display the js in design mode?

The simple answer is that you don't. EW design view will not display any dynamic content correctly. For that you either need to preview in a browser, or use the Slapshot add-in.

Jim

Monday, February 28, 2011 6:59 PM
  • You don't. Design mode does not execute dynamic content, whether javascript, PHP, Flash, or any other dynamic content. It is a static display only, and is not a WYSIWYG design surface. It is, at best, a rough approximation of what your page will look like in a browser.

Use Preview In Browser to view the page as it will actually appear. Use SuperPreview to see a static view (but with onload scripting executed) of the page in alternative browsers. Use Slapshot to get a live, dynamic view. But, don't expect design view to execute any embedded code, whether javascript, inline PHP, or whatever.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 7:02 PM