Problems Power Pivot Installation RRS feed

Answers

• Have you installed .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in advance? Have you chose a custom installation of the Microsoft Office 2010? If so, we must install both Excel 2010 and Office Shared Features in order to use PowerPivot for Excel. For more information, you could refer to PowerPivot Add-in download page.

If you are using Denali CTP3, you have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4, which is available at this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=17851 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:01 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 5:34 AM

All replies

• Have you installed .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in advance? Have you chose a custom installation of the Microsoft Office 2010? If so, we must install both Excel 2010 and Office Shared Features in order to use PowerPivot for Excel. For more information, you could refer to PowerPivot Add-in download page.

If you are using Denali CTP3, you have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4, which is available at this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=17851 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:01 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 5:34 AM
  • I'm struggling with the exact same error.  I've tried multiple fixes for this issue that I've found on different threads, but I keep getting the same result.  I believe I have installed all of the requisite software and have even re-installed the software listed below to try to get this to work.  

My current setup:

Windows 7

MS Office Professional Plus 2010 32 bit

MS SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel (32-bit)

.Net 3.5 SP 1

.Net 4

MS Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86)

Monday, October 10, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Me too!

Exactly the same error as above.

Did you guys solve it?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:12 AM