none
Proactive messaging 1-to-1 using Bot Framework 4

Question

• Hello,

I am using C# (.NET Core) with Bot Framework v4 to develop a bot service. I am a beginner to Bot Framework.

The problem statement goes as follows :

• I want to be able to Store some questions on o365 SharePoint subscription in a list. The data structure of the list will have a column containing users who are the intended audience for the question.
    • When a question is added to the list, I want my bot to send out the questions to intended users on Microsoft Teams.
    • Even if the user is not online to teams, I would want to send out a notification to the user on Teams chat, something like "Missed conversation".

Now, I understand, on a very beginner level, that the key here is Proactive messaging using the Bot. What I can't figure out or find on any forum articles is that how do I write my bot to go to SharePoint (could be using polling or event driven) and fetch information and then send out the fetched data to Users on personal 1-to-1 team chat?

What I have done so far is :

• I have written my SharePoint business logic to fetch information.
    • The bot calls this business logic when it receives an activity from User. i.e. say, a user says "Hi" and the bot goes and fetches information from SharePoint and returns it to the user in the chat window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Yogesh

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:57 AM

Answers

All replies