Regarding Error DEP0700

Question

• Hi 

I have been using windows 8 consumer preview and visual studio 11 Express beta for win 8 for developing metro style apps. Yesterday Visual studio asked me to renew my license and I did that. After that all my previous apps stopped working. My apps are mainly in C++/Javascript.  I get the following message

Error 1 Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app in the layout folder "C:\Users\dchafekar\Documents\Visual Studio 11\Projects\MicCapture\MicCapture\bin\Debug\AppX" failed. MicCapture

Error 2 AppX Deployment Register Operation on Package 8de88faa-514b-4be3-bd68-935963c35851_1.0.0.0_neutral__yxaqxv9vy0r56 from: C:\Users\dchafekar\Documents\Visual Studio 11\Projects\MicCapture\MicCapture\bin\Debug\AppX\AppxManifest.xml failed with error code: 0x80073CFC. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing issues with AppX Deployment. MicCapture

I am not able to build the apps but I get this error while deploying them. If I start a new project in visual studio, I don't have this problem.  Could you help me fix this problem.  Your help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently stuck and unable to do further developments. 

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hello deepti,

I am sorry that you are encountering such an issue, and I find that another community member encountered the similar issue as yours. And please try the following workaround which is quoted from the case:

Please check if your other uses have built this app and deployed it on your machine, then uninstall the deployed app from your other users, and you could start debug it under current user.

Or you could change the Package Identity (open the manifest, go to the package tab and modify the identity). Then you could deploy from current user.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:14 AM