none
While installing SQL Server 2014, in the Global Rules I get Edition WOW64 platform - failed

Question

• While installing SQL Server 2014, in the Global Rules I get Edition WOW64 platform - failed.

Text from Detail file is "Slp: Current 32 bit setup package does not contain 64 bit MSIs, Marking check for WOW Supported32bitSetup as failed"

I tried running set up from extracted folder as administrator still it did not work.

I am using windows 7 O/S. MySql is also installed - can that be the cause?

Please suggest solution.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you please try to download the 32-bit version of SQL Server?

In case you are downloading Express Edition, please download “Express 32BIT\SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe”

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:12 AM
  • Hi Kuldeep Sawhney,

>> Edition WOW64 platform – failed

It’s likely the installation package is not supported on your platform, could you please locate the corresponding installation log and share the content in summary.txt?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Hello Kuldeep,

The rule failure is expected if you are running the package SQLEXPR32_x86_ENU.exe, which can only be installed on a 32bit operating system. As Alberto mentioned, you should instead use the package SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe, which will install the 32bit server on a 64bit operating.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:17 PM