Voice recognition RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to create a robot using MS robotics studio that can recognize voice? for example, you tell it to turn left and it'll turn left. Im just wondering if its possible to build something like that using the visual programming laguage...
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:10 PM

Answers

• Yes. There is an example of this (using VPL) that will be in the 2.0 release. (It's not in the CTP).

You can use the SpeechRecognition service to convert speech to text and the SpeechRecognitionGui service to enter the words and phrases that you want to recognize. It is important to note that the SpeechRecognizer only recognizes phrases that you have specified. It does not just convert arbitrary speech into text. However, it is fairly easy to use.

Trevor

Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:21 PM

All replies

• Yes. There is an example of this (using VPL) that will be in the 2.0 release. (It's not in the CTP).

You can use the SpeechRecognition service to convert speech to text and the SpeechRecognitionGui service to enter the words and phrases that you want to recognize. It is important to note that the SpeechRecognizer only recognizes phrases that you have specified. It does not just convert arbitrary speech into text. However, it is fairly easy to use.

Trevor

Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:21 PM
  • thanks trevor. Your answers are really helping me a lot in my projects. Will there be tutorials regarding this topic? I mean, is there a book about MSRS that's available in stores?
    Friday, September 12, 2008 12:01 PM