none
LocalReport.Render and to dot-matrix printer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm using LocalReport.Render sample to avoid premanent exceptions "protected memory could not be read" on the Remote Desktop Application Server.  You can find this sample at the help page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252172.aspx

Originally printed report quality was very good, like this one
    But if I'm using workaround from the help pages before the printing quality reduces a lot:

As far as I understand it happens because report viewer sends symbols from the report as TTF characters to the dot-matrix printer and Render method

report.Render("Image", deviceInfo, CreateStream, out warnings);
    generates image inside of EMF format? Printer knows how to print TTF characters with good quality and fails to print generated image with the same quality may be because of some hardware restrictions.

My question is how can I generate TTF text report instead of image to make it printing with good quality again?

Thank you

Regards
    Monday, November 9, 2009 5:50 PM

All replies

• back to the past.

I've found answer - at least some thoughts about it. Actually such bad printing quality was only when application is ecevuted in the Terminal Server Session and printer from Terminal session was mapped to the local printer. I've tried printing from Adobe Reader and it shows the same bad printing quality. So system administrators found that some file (!? driver, ini or something else) should be placed from local computer to the user folder on terminal server and printing quality improves a lot.

Regards
    Friday, May 28, 2010 11:21 AM