none
Having problem with installing PowerChute in Windows Server 2008 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a server running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and Hyper-V. Now, I want to install PowerChute so that it can shutdown automatically. However, when I installed PowerChute, it appeared the error with CMD screen like image. [Error]: install.vbs must be run with administrator privileges!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/newcentury2008/Powerchute_error.jpg

I logged on by administrator account; however, I could not install it. I bought PowerChute for Windows Server 2008 Enterprise with Hyper-V.

Type: Domain Controller

Please help me to solve the problem.

Thanks & best regards,

Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:25 AM

All replies

• This is a common problem for 2008 server. In fact, you can't even save an edited text file, even logged in as admin. Right click on your installer and select "run as administrator", which will run it AS administrator. I find this really annoying with 2008 server. I suspect this can be disabled by shutting down the UAC (user access control), just as with Windows 7, but I have not actually tried it.

So... Right click and "run as administrator", and it *should* work.

-Dana

Dana
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:43 AM