tfs2012 areas and iterations permisions required to create/edit RRS feed

• Question

• What are the correct permissions/settings to allow an user to create/edit areas and iterations?
    I have an user that is getting this message in the admin section of  areas or iterations:

You do not have one or more permissions required to update the iterations for this team

The weird thing is that the user can indeed create/edit areas and iterations, this user is part of a TFS Group I created for the Project, the Security properties of this group are:

Create test runs - Allow
        Delete team project - Not Set
        Delete test runs - Allow
        Edit project-level information - Not Set
        Manage test configurations - Allow
        Manage test environments - Allow
        View project-level information - Allow
        View test runs - Allow

The Security of Areas and Iterations have allow to everything.

This used to be enough in TFS 2010, but it don't know why the message appears in TFS 2012.

If I change the Security Property of  "Edit project-level information" to Allow the user does not get the message, but in TFS 2010 this setting allowed users to manage the permissions for the Project and I don't want that.
    Friday, May 17, 2013 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Juan,

Thanks for your post!

In TFS 2012, to create areas or iterations, you must either be a member of the Project Administrators group or your Create and order child nodes, Delete this node, and Edit this node permissions must be set to Allow for the area or iteration node that you want to modify. For more information, see Manage My Profile and View My Permissions

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Can you tell me where i can fin the permission "Create and order child nodes"?, the only thing i see is Create child nodes, and as i said, i have allow to everything in areas and iterations.

To make it even more clear:

Areas

Create child nodes - allow

Delete this node - allow

Edit this node - allow

Edit work items in this node - allow

Manage test plans - allow

View permissions for this node - allow

view work items in this node - allow

Iterations

Create child nodes - allow

Delete this node - allow

Edit this node - allow

view permissions for this node - allow

And i still get this error:

You do not have one or more permissions required to update the iterations for this team

• Edited by Juan Zamudio Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:08 PM add more details
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:01 PM