none
WCF Web Reference RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone :

My question is 

how to auto update app_webreference in wcf ?

I have created wcf service , i need to implement in my website so that have already  added service reference and its working fine but when im doing some changes in my wcf service it also need to change in website app_webreference manual update !

How To Auto Update  app_webreference service

Please Help me out!!!!

Thanks . Rajesh Kumar email-Id :rkumar1904@hotmail.com

Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:52 AM

Answers

• On 3/10/2013 3:52 AM, raj1904 wrote:

Hello Everyone :

*My question is *

I have created wcf service , i need to implement in my website so that have already  added service reference and its working fine but when im doing some changes in my wcf service it also need to change in website app_webreference manual update !

How To Auto Update  app_webreference service

Please Help me out!!!!

The only time you have to update the reference to a WCF service on the WCF client-side is if you  make changes  to IService on the operational contract on the WCF service-side. And no, there is no auto anything concerning updating the references on the client-side. You have to do it manually.

If you are not making any changes to IService like making changes to the method signature of a operational contract, delete one, updating one or adding a new one, then you do nothing to update the reference, because nothing changed, even if you have added new code or deleted code from a existing method.

• Marked as answer by raj1904 Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:19 AM
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hello, not that straight forward

would suggest to check ChannelFactory class or go for Rest service

HTH

please Mark as the Answer, If this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:18 AM
  • On 3/10/2013 3:52 AM, raj1904 wrote:

Hello Everyone :

*My question is *

I have created wcf service , i need to implement in my website so that have already  added service reference and its working fine but when im doing some changes in my wcf service it also need to change in website app_webreference manual update !

How To Auto Update  app_webreference service

Please Help me out!!!!

The only time you have to update the reference to a WCF service on the WCF client-side is if you  make changes  to IService on the operational contract on the WCF service-side. And no, there is no auto anything concerning updating the references on the client-side. You have to do it manually.

If you are not making any changes to IService like making changes to the method signature of a operational contract, delete one, updating one or adding a new one, then you do nothing to update the reference, because nothing changed, even if you have added new code or deleted code from a existing method.

• Marked as answer by raj1904 Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:19 AM
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:29 AM
  • Thanks 

Thanks . Rajesh Kumar email-Id :rkumar1904@hotmail.com

Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:19 AM