none
How to de-install vs community 2015

Question

• Hello vs community users!

My vs community 2015 3rd Update is corrupt and I'm trying to de-install this version, to install another again.

But I can't deinstall the VS instead of administrator rights: the Windows 10 home tells me the VS seems to be deinstalled.

And asks if it shoud be removed from here. I agree but it fails because of the message that I havn't enough rights to remove the VS from computer.

When I try to install a new  version of the VS Community the setup is blocked because a newier version of VS is already installed !

It's a circle.

How can I get rid of the old VS version and reinstall a new one?

Thank you in advance

Regards.

Alex G.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:17 PM

All replies

• Launch cmd.exe as administrator. Then from the command line:

vs_community.exe /uninstall /force

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:20 PM
  • Hello Brian!

Thank you very much!

I tried to do so but cmd tells: the order "vs_community.exe" is wrong or coudn't be found.

Regards

Alex G.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:45 PM
  • Hi Alex G,

>>I tried to do so but cmd tells: the order "vs_community.exe" is wrong or coudn't be found.

Navigate to the folder which contains vs_community.exe, and run the command vs_community.exe /Uninstall /Force

For example, in my scenario, the vs_community.exe is in the C:\Downloads folder, firstly open the cmd.exe, and then run the following two commands:

a). cd C:\Downloads

b). vs_community.exe /Uninstall /Force

So if you got error that it couldn't be found, it means that you didn't navigate to the folder which includes the setup file.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:54 AM
  • Hello Jack!

Thank you also for trying to help me.

I followed yesterday the advice of Brian. But I choose the folder WINDOWS.

Right now I was in my vc_community folder and repeated the command.

It's very strange. No error messages. BUT: the Visual Community Setup window appeared, tells me that an Update is available and I have to choose:

- Update

- Skip

- Cancel

I know when I take Update: it will stuck and will miss " vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" and will close the setup.

That's why I want to uninstall completely and then to reinstall the VS.

The command uninstall failed.

Sorry

Probably another measure to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance

Alex

• Edited by Agorko Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:24 PM
  • Hi Agorko,

To uninstall the VS in command line, we would use the ISO file, please re-download it from the official site, so we could make sure that it is not the ISO file's issue.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28041688/force-uninstall-of-visual-studio-2015

>> it will stuck and will miss " vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" and will close the setup.

How about uninstalling the runtime library from the control panel?

Actually the real issue would be related to the account, as far as I know, we often need to use the admin account to install and uninstall the VS.

(1) If possible, please discuss this issue with the admin of this machine, so he could uninstall it directly or re-repair the VS version.

(2) Add your account as the admin in this windows, and then you could repair the VS, it would be a better workaround.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:03 AM
  • Thank you very much, Jack!

I will answer to your comments and advices line by line:

(1) I had already ISO-Files on my machine

(2) then I followed the link to stackover~ and read there the advices. I found in the log-file the path of the vs_community.exe and used it for unistalling forced in the cmd. SUCCESS. The setup window of VS Community displayed the message that all components were removed.

(3) I couldn't uninstall the runtime library in the control panel because of probably no admin rights.

(4) My notebook is my machine, I am the only user with admin rights (account) in system, I can see it in the user accounts of system features. But windows 10 prohibits me to uninstall the VS. Why???

(5) So I have no alive admins besides me to discuss.

(6) Please tell me how can I "Add my account as the admin in this windows"?

Can it be that VS community 2015 in the control panel was corrupt, so that the windows system could'nt and didn't allowed me to remove the VS ?

And I thank you so much that you are still helping me.

I am now curious if a new installation of the VS Community 2015 is possible and if nothing will be missing during the setup (vc_runtime~ etc).

Regards

Alex Agorko

Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Hi Alex Agorko,

>>My notebook is my machine, I am the only user with admin rights (account) in system.

If so, please use this tool to get enough permission:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=23510&wa=wsignin1.0

Or add a new admin users in your windows, and then login using the new user, check it again.

If still no help, we need to view the log messages, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Jack

Friday, July 15, 2016 9:11 AM
  • Thank you very much, Jack!

I received a file "vslogs.zip", and shared it on Onedrive here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai9PnRyR3E8Nap4J1C87qcO0Uxs.

I hope so that the log-files help to solve the problem.

Regards

Alex

• Edited by Agorko Friday, July 15, 2016 8:31 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 4:02 PM
  • Hi Alex,

So it still has no help even if you add a new admin or run the command line to get enough permission, am I right?

How about running the following command line?

devenv.exe /resetuserdata.

devenv /ResetSettings.

And then uninstall it again from the control panel or command line.

From the log file, I got the following messages:

Error 0x80070015: Failed get to file attributes. '[WixBundleOriginalSourceFolder]packages\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe'

Error 0x80070015: Failed get to file attributes. '[WixBundleOriginalSourceFolder]packages\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe'
    [03DC:1DF8][2015-11-29T18:32:09]i000: File search: wfsE2604D9F39AA65CE8F85D0906116E08A, did not find path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\NetFxIsv393297\packages\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe

Maybe you could check that whether it is related to the windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, July 18, 2016 8:29 AM
  • Hello Jack!

No, I didn't add an admin and I didn't install SubInACL, because I could start the vscollect without additional admin rights. Was is wrong?

I checked also the system as discribed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.

And the result I shared on OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ai9PnRyR3E8Na2jQwWKVPPYoJAE

Best Regards

Alex

• Edited by Agorko Tuesday, July 19, 2016 12:57 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:48 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for your friendly response.

>>No, I didn't add an admin and I didn't install SubInACL, because I could start the vscollect without additional admin rights. Was is wrong?

If possible, I suggest you test it using a new admin or using the SubINACL tool, from the log files, it seems that no apparent setup error messages. I think we would think about your admin permission firstly.

Best Regards,

Jack

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hello Jack!

Thank you for helping!

So, I installed the SubInAcl-Tool and started it.

Then I opened "programs to uninstall" and found the line "Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 with Updates" and wanted to uninstall it. And instead of SubInAcl ==>appeared this message "change" ==> the programm maybe is already unistalled => shall it be removed => you have not enough admin rights to do it.".

Finish.

Then I tried the command line as you recommended:

devenv.exe /resetuserdata.

devenv /ResetSettings.

In both cases ==> the command unknown or wrong.

I used these commands in C:\Windows\System32.

Wrong folders?

Best Regards

Alex

• Edited by Agorko Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:50 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:47 AM
  • Hi Alex,

>>In both cases ==> the command unknown or wrong.

Not use the cmd, use the VS2015 IDE command line tool:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Visual Studio 2015\Visual Studio Tools\Windows Desktop Command Prompts.

>> the programm maybe is already unistalled => shall it be removed => you have not enough admin rights to do it.".

How about adding a new admin? Login and then remove it, how about the result?

Best Regards,

Jack

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:13 PM
  • Hello Jack!

Thank you!

I found the folder with prompt commands, but in all cases of VS2015 x64 Cross/Native Toolls Command Prompts I receive the following results in German:

>>Der Befehl ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat"" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder konnte nicht gefunden werden.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC>

<< End of Message.

MyTranslation: "The command C:\ . . . .*bat" is either wrong or cannot be found "

and a new line for futher commands is displayed ... 14.0\VC>.

About a new admin user: no, I didn't try because it's a mental barriere for me: somthing irreal created by me would have more rights then me, a real user. And a new admin I guess needs a password and I hate passwords on my machine.  I hate restrictions on PC.

BUT, in case of no progress in my problem I shall try it out: admin user.

Best Regards

Alex

• Edited by Agorko Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:27 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:51 PM
  • Hi Alex,

I often run the command line as the admin, and then run it like the following screen shot:

>>change" ==> the programm maybe is already unistalled => shall it be removed => you have not enough admin rights to do it.".

I just met this kind of issue which was related to the Registry Editor:

http://winaero.com/blog/fix-you-do-not-have-sufficient-access-to-uninstall-a-program-please-contact-your-system-administrator/

Maybe you could refer to it, please take a backup before you edit the Registry.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi, Jack!

Thank your for your stamina with me!

I repeated your commands as cmd-administrator: unknown /wrong.

Why I can't insert images here? I discribed my steps and put two images, I can't submit it.

Here my obvious message:

Then I wrote the commands beginning with C:\> like it is in German Windows: picture could not remain here (restriction of forum?).

The prompt was and is unhappy with the word : Program Files, Programme (x86), ProgramData and so on.

The command remains UNEXECUTABLE.

Then I followed your link and found in the registry the uninstall folder: it contains no Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0. There is nothing to uninstall on this way.

That's why by attempt to uninstall the VS in Programs and Features the system tells that the prog is maybe already uninstalled. I don't know.

Best Regards

Alex

Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:09 PM
  • Hi Alex,

So you couldn't run the command line in the tool “VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt”, am I right? I forget that you uninstalled the VS before, maybe it is the reason why it doesn't work.

>>Why I can't insert images here?

You could verify your account here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

For the previous issue, if possible, please add a new admin, and then check it again.

In addition, like your previous reply "When I try to install a new version of the VS Community the setup is blocked because a newer version of VS is already installed !"

Do you install the same VS2015 community with update 3 in your side?

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Please download the latest VS2015 community version, and then re-install it again as the admin.

If a new admin or re-install it still has no help, sorry for that I also have no good solution, if possible, re-install the windows would be better, if possible, I suggest you install the higher windows 10 version, the home version would have limitations for some VS2015 apps like the UWP/Windows phone 10 or others.

Sincerely,

Jack

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:35 AM
  • Hello Jack!

Thank you so much!

You are right, I can't run the command line in the tool “VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt”. None of them in that folder.

A new problem: I would with great interest download the newest versin of VS 2015 Community with Update 3, BUT the browser (firefox) redirects automatically from your USA-link for VS to a german download server.

And the german download center doesn't have the VS Comm. 2015 as shown on your picture. The German version I tried already to install - with failure, it isn't the newest version.

Question, could you send me the downloaded version, Update 3 by email?

And folow information: before my VS Community became corrupt (I couldn't  create c++ Projects), I had already installed the third Update.

And this 3rd Updated VS Community I tried to uninstall. It failed. This was the begin of my post here.

The other suggestions of your I'll take under consideration. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Alex

Friday, July 22, 2016 7:46 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Sorry for that I couldn't provide the setup file using the Email.

>>And the german download center doesn't have the VS Comm. 2015 as shown on your picture. The German version I tried already to install - with failure, it isn't the newest version.

Not very sure that whether the German version has certain limitations, whether you could install the English VS version in your side?

And then you could download the German language package:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48157

So you could change the language settings in your VS under Tools->Options->International Settings.

Best Regards,

Jack

Saturday, July 23, 2016 8:44 AM
  • Hello Jack! Thanx!

You misunderstood me:

1. I don't want, don't need the German Version of VS C. 2015.

2. I don't want the German language in the VS.

3. I wanted the US-version already with the newest Update 3 called like "vs_community_ENU.exe" or similar,

it is only 209 KB. But even when I'm surfing on the US-browser site and see: " download VS Community 2015 with Update 3" and I click on it ==> I get immediately to the German Download Site with German explanations  and wrong version of VS. This german version is of unknown update number. Older than it is on my machine.

4. Why is it impossible to send the 209 KB file to my email? Is my email  invisible for any one? I'll tell it to you.

Best Regards

Alex

• Edited by Agorko Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:12 PM
    Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:11 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Sorry for my misunderstanding to this issue.

>>BUT the browser (firefox) redirects automatically from your USA-link for VS to a german download server.

Could you visit /download the English version in other machine? Not very sure that whether it is related to your browser or the local control network, but I could visit the English version directly in our side using the IE.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Maybe you could check it using the IE browser or download it from other machine, and then copy it to your side.

I remember that it would be related to the language settings in browser, for example, if I want to change the language in my IE, I need to add and set the language from the following screen shot.

So you would check that whether there is a simple setting in your browser, or you could test it using the IE as the default browser and set the language as mine.

If still no help, I think one possible reason is that it would be related to your country's network.

We could also change the language in our side like changing the above link from "en-us" to "xxx", so we could visit the site in other language. Could you change it (back to en-us)from your German language site?

>>Why is it impossible to send the 209 KB file to my email?

Sorry for that I'm not allowed to send files directly because of some polices, thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, July 25, 2016 3:12 AM
  • Hello Jack!

Thank you for many advices.

I managed to download the VS C. 2015 following your link: with the help of Google Chrome. The IE has also redirected the download center on german site.

So far so good.

I started the installation: with the same error messages and final failure of setup like in the past.

I made all the screen shots and shared them on onedrive.

Link:  https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai9PnRyR3E8Nd9sRgTf9urF72P8

How can I reinstall Windows (it was upgraded from Windows 7 Home) and how can I get a new licence key?

Or how to install a higher version of the Windows 10: now Home later Professional? To buy? 

Regards

Alex

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:08 PM
  • Hi Alex,

It has his own support site here for windows:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10

If you think about re-installing your windows, you could post windows questions in above site, there you would dedicated support from the Windows experts.

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, July 28, 2016 3:29 AM
  • Hallo Jack,

It is strange, I answered your message yesterday, and had to log in. I saw my commentar on the screen.

After a long Windows 10 Update yesterday, I connected to our conversation page and my message disappeared!?

I wrote, that  I understood the advice about the windows 10 problems.

And I asked wether you saw my screenhots with error content on my dropbox.

And I posted the link!

I hoped that after the Windows Update the other MS Products: MS Mouse, VS Community 2015 etc will be up to date and I can install the US-version of VS.

No, it was  a failure again. Nothing to do. I will use the DEV-C++ or Express version of earlier VS.

Thank you very much for patient with my problems.

Best regards

Alex

Friday, July 29, 2016 9:09 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Sorry for that I ignore the error messages before.

So it means that you re-install the VS, but it generated the error messages, am I right?

>>visual VC++2015 minimum runtime the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

It seems that you install the VS using web way, if so, please download the ISO file firstly, and then install it locally.

Like this thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0ebbcc27-2763-460a-b10e-682a9e305e31/the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use-is-on-a-network-resource-that-is-unavailable?forum=vssetup

Please compare the sha1 value with your ISO file:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx

And then re-install it again.

If still no help, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Jack

Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:51 AM
  • Thank you, Jack!

You are right, it was so:

>>So it means that you re-install the VS, but it generated the error messages, am I right?

I will download the ISO File and take steps you discribed and we will see. :)

Best Regards

Alex

Saturday, July 30, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Hello Jack! I found a few minutes ago an ISO File here: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx/#d-vs2015remotetools I hope it is a proper one. Best Regards Alex
    • Edited by Agorko Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:32 PM
    Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Before you install the ISO file, please compare the sha1 value using this tool: 

Download the Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier

So we could know that it has no issue for this ISO file firstly, and then re-install it, if possible, install the VS using the "default" option (not the custom one)in the VS setup wizard. Check it again.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, August 1, 2016 5:18 AM
  • Thank you, Jack!

I found the sha1 value for VS C 2015 Update 3 and  when I use a command in prompt an error message is displayed: -xml flg missing or something else. As File to check I type the name of the iso-file ( 7 MB).

This is were my commands:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>set path=%path%;C:\FCIV

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fciv.exe -v C:\FCIV\vs2015.3.com_enu.iso -sha1
    //
    // File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
    //
    Missing flag: -xml

>> then I typed:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fciv.exe -v C:\FCIV\vs2015.3.com_enu.iso -sha1 -xml db.xml
    //
    //
    Starting checksums verification : 08/01/2016 at 15h31'34

Error loading XML document.
    Unable to open database. Exiting...

End Verification : 08/01/2016 at 15h31'34

What to do?

Regards. Alex

• Edited by Agorko Monday, August 1, 2016 1:44 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 12:00 PM
  • Hello Jack,

I could with following command get a check sum.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fciv.exe C:\FCIV\vs2015.3.com_enu.iso
    //
    //
    82a696bea06bac6c4a00bf59a8ae77d6 c:\fciv\vs2015.3.com_enu.iso

But I haven't comared it yet.

Regards

Alex

Monday, August 1, 2016 1:59 PM
  • @ Alex,

You could get the default  SHA-1 value for different VS2015 versions here:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx

You could compare the value with your language version.

Best Regards,

Jack

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:41 AM
  • Hello Jack!

Thank you!

I managed to check the bothes sha1 values and they are equal. Hurray!

In English : C838DF0D2DAD6E763DF5A7974F5FFCD45B98FD0E

Now I can try to install from the iso-file. I'm scared it fails again.

Regards, Alex 

• Edited by Agorko Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:50 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:21 AM
  • Before  you reinstall the VS:

please clean the %TEMP% folder.

Please also close all third party tools in your windows like Anti-virus or others and then run your VS as the admin. Check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:48 AM
  • I appreciate all your advices, Jack! Thank you!

I'll report you how it was.

Till that

Regards

Alex

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:27 AM
  • Hello Jack!

Full disappointment! Failure again. Antivirus switched off. %temp% 99 % deleted.

From my oneDrive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai9PnRyR3E8NeVjR9f0m0luizJ4

The iso File is 7 GB large. But still needs some packages.

Where can I download them??? Once I tried to take some missed packages from a standalone PC (where the VS Comm. 2015 works fine), but they didn't match the notebook version.

Regards

Alex

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:43 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Please open your control panel, and check that whether it has installed these packages, or you didn't deleted it clearly before.

You could install it manually.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52982

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Hello Jack!

My latest Control panel picture: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ai9PnRyR3E8NexTHnrrzlvfHn0k

The last two items with the year number 2015 -> have strange/different icons and I can't delete or modify them.
    Other items above are changeable (contain year 2012 or 2013).

About %temp%: I deleted 99,99 % of the files, there remained only one dozen system-undeleteable files, which
    have nothing in common with the VS packages. I controlled each folder/file/extention.

Thank you and best regards
    Alex
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:32 PM
  • Hi Alex,

The specific icons mean that the specific packages really meet the setup issue.

I check it in my side, it seems that it has the different version number. I use the English windows 10 64 bit Enterprise version.

Best Regards,

Jack 

Friday, August 5, 2016 12:24 PM
  • Thank you, Jack!

Different versions of Win10. Well. But doesn't help me further.

I hope, that some day whether the OS or the VS will change so much that I can repair the VS packages.

Or MicroSoft makes possible that older/other bur working version can be installed OVER the newier (but defect) one.

Best Regards

Alex

Friday, August 5, 2016 7:27 PM
  • Hi Alex,

So you couldn't uninstall the specific VC++ package from the control panel, am I right?

Does it work if you re-install the specific package singly?

If you couldn't uninstall and re-install this specific package singly, based on our previous discussions, one possible reason is that the previous setup package really impacts the new setup packages.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:48 AM
  • Hello Jack, sorry for delay.

Yes, I can't uninstall boths: VC++ 2015 Redist. and MS VS community 2015 with updates.

These two positions are not modifyable and undeleteable.

The control panel tells me by trying to change the programm: "probably already deleted, shall it be removed from the CP?" => I say yes => The CP => impossible, no admin rights.

This is already known by you.

Best Regards. Alex

• Edited by Agorko Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:38 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Could you open and use the VS2015 even if it has certain warning or error messages?

I think we need to collect the detailed setup log, and view it again.

Like my previous suggestion, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:28 AM
  • Hello Jack!

tiredless helper!

No, I cannot open Visual Studio C. 2015. My steps: window button => Visual Studio 2015 Symbol => click => no reaction, no errors, no messages.

There is one folder more there, but it contains all other tools like VS Modeling or SDK etc.

After that I started the Collect.exe and uploaded the zip-file to OneDrive. Here is the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai9PnRyR3E8NfPcvXUjohWtiQ5E

I thank you very much for your helping me!

Best Regards

Alex

Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:47 AM
  • Hi Alex,

>>The older version of Microsoft Visual Studio Services Hub cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.

Error 1714.The older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Debug Runtime - 14.0.24210 cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.
    Error 1714.The older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24210 cannot be removed.
    [18E4:1D98][2016-08-03T20:18:41]e000: Error 0x80070643: Process returned error: 0x643
    [18E4:1D98][2016-08-03T20:18:41]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute EXE package.
    [1720:1F98][2016-08-03T20:18:41]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-machine EXE package.

Actually the real reason is that the old version package couldn't be uninstall in your side, so the new setup wizard will generate many error messages. So the real issue is related to the previous old package version which couldn't be uninstalled.

Since you got the error warning "no admin rights" during you uninstall them, so I also have no good suggestion, if possible, re-install the windows will be better to resolve the admin issue if you couldn't remove and add a new admin in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack

Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:44 AM
  • Thank you, Jack!

When I do something, I'll tell you the results.

Till that -> best regards

Alex

Saturday, August 13, 2016 12:15 PM