none
Missing Microsoft Exchange WebServices RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear All

    When I try to create a App project for Office, or the Cloud Business App for Office 356, I get this error in Visual Studio 2013:

    Microsoft Exchange WebServices."

    "An error occurred while trying to load a required component. Please ensure that the following prerequisite component is installed:

    Microsoft Exchange WebServices."

    I am running on a freshly installed Windows 7 SP1 with all updates, and I use Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate. I have no previously installed components from earlier versions of Visual Studio, or the Office developer tools on this machine.

    Any suggestions?

    Kind regards

    Tom Madsen

    Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:15 AM

All replies

  • Hi Tom,

    Did you encounter the error when you create the App for Office 2013? Which kind of app did you create? Task pane app, content app or mail app?

    Which version of Office did you installed? Could you create a task pane app successfully?

    Best regards

    Fei


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.


    Monday, December 9, 2013 5:45 AM
    Moderator
  • I have the same problem as Tom.

    I get the error for task pane, content and mail apps. When I click on "finish" in the new project wizard, I get a message box from Visual Studio: "Error Occured. An error occured while genrating the project. Please see the Visual Studio output window for more information." The output window contains the text:

    Unhandled exception occurred while creating a SharePoint project item from the following location: g:\sandbox\re\OfficeApp9\OfficeApp9\OfficeApp9Manifest. Exception: InvalidOperationException. Message: "An error occurred while trying to load a required component. Please ensure that the following prerequisite component is installed:

    Microsoft Exchange WebServices."
    "An error occurred while trying to load a required component. Please ensure that the following prerequisite component is installed:

    Microsoft Exchange WebServices."

    The solution then only contains a single project with a single file, the OfficeAppX.xml manifest file.

    I'm using VS2013 on Windows 7.

    Monday, December 9, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Hi Tom,

    I failed to reproduce your issue on my lab environment. Which O365 Plan (see Select an Office 365 plan for business) are you using? Can you see the Exchange Service from the Office 365 Admin Center?

    By the way, Cloud Business App is more related to Apps for SharePoint, you could also consider to post your question on Developing Apps for SharePoint 2013 forum.


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

    Friday, December 13, 2013 3:42 AM
    Moderator
  • I see this message when i tried to add a new item in SharePoint 2010 Farm Solution with visual studio office developer tools 2015. Fixed by download and install https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42022 , which i think is a client proxy for Exchange Web Service, the naming in the error message is kind of misleading(why do i need to install Exchange web service?)

    I had upgraded the solution to VS 2017 before, however, i cannot add new item in vs2017,in vs2017, I cannot create new sharepoint 2010 farm solution either. So, i have to install VS2015, install officetoolsforvs2015 to open the solution again. So, i had thought that sharepoint solution upgraded to vs2017 cannot be opened in vs2015 again. And even wanted to find out where this dependency was defined by visual studio so that I can remove this.

    update: turned out too early to say its OK switching from vs2017 back to vs2015. The solution compiles fine, but "Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information" exception when publishing the wsp. In %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ActivityLog.xml , I see its just after "Begin package load [Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.VsHubServicePackage]" . But I found the assemblies in the location. I restarted computer and won't fix.

    update: fuslogvw also said assembly loading issue, but for different assembly ... Anyway, all kinds of troubles, I fixed by uninstall vs2017 ,uninstall vs2015 and reinstall vs2015.

    I am a newbie for visual studio architecture and deployment. The lesson learned here is that I should uninstall vs2017 and then install vs2015(maybe I can install 2017 after 2015 installed). The solution file itself looks fine, just vs deployment issue.



    • Edited by GuYuming Friday, March 29, 2019 2:19 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:02 AM