none
Three Improvements I'd Like to See in BTS 2010 CU5 RRS feed

• General discussion

• 1.  Put a maximize button or a size grip on the Configure pop-up that you can open by right-clicking on a BizTalk application.  The current pop-up is simply not large enough to be useful.

2.  Ignore EDI envelope settings when the Interchange sending party is not checked as handled by the local BizTalk group.  Currently, those settings are disabled, but still active.  In particular, an incoming EDI message that uses ISA11 as a repetition identifier will be suspended for an invalid standards identifier, and this is despite setting the EDI Receive Pipeline to "UseISA11asRepititionSeparator."  You can work around this by marking the party as locally handled, which enables the envelope settings, changing the envelope settings, and then resetting the value for the party to not locally handled.  I posted about this here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkediandas2/thread/ff83dec0-26fc-4112-a618-e12bc95edac8

3.  Allow Parties to be set-up as one way only.  I have several Trading partners that I send to, but never receive EDI messages from.  In previous versions of BTS, a party could be set up without specifying ISA identifiers for them as the Interchange Sender, which would be appropriate in the circumstance I describe.  In BTS2010, each party must be configured with both AS SENDER and AS RECEIVER ISA identifiers.

I hope this catches someone's eye at Microsoft, and would invite others to add to the list or point me to a more appropriate/effective place to make these recommendations.

Blankfiend

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Blankfiend,

Thanks for your suggestions. And I also would like to see others can share their ideas based on yours.

However, this is not a effective place to post this. I will suggest you goto http://connect.microsoft.com/BizTalk to submit your suggestions. More people vote on your feedbacks more likely to be implemented.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

P.S: From your post, I think it is likely a commen discussion. So I will change the type of this thread. Any concerns, please let me know.

Alan Yao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:52 AM
  • Thanks Alan.  I liked the idea of using connect - until I tried it.  It is basically impossible to submit a suggestion using connect.  The only feedback I could have given was a bug report.

Blankfiend

Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:23 AM
  • I think all of your suggestions sound like added features (or slight optimizations) rather than bugs and the CU release model is primarily for bugs. So features are much more likely to be implemented in the next major version of the product. I can pass your ideas along to the Microsoft support team and they can triage it from there, and pass along to product group members if appropriate.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Monday, April 2, 2012 4:24 PM
  • I did email the thread onto Microsoft Support and they can pass along the ideas from there. Thanks for your suggestions!

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Monday, April 2, 2012 4:55 PM
  • Blankfiend,

I heard back from Microsoft Support on your feedback. One or more of your reported items is being treated as a bug after being evaluated by Microsoft Support. I am not sure about an expected release timeframe but at least it is on their radar now.

Thanks for your feedback,

Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:09 PM