Error creating SQLRP RRS feed

• Question

• I get the following error when creating the SQL RP VM. It fails when installing extensions. 
    I created a MySQL RP successfully. But SQLRP fails. I tried this multiple times and fails with same error.

I noticed that in 'D:\SQLRP\AzureStack.SqlRP.Deployment.5.11.61.0\content\Deployment\Templates\InstallSqlRpComplete-Parameters' the value for asset location 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Azure/AzureStack-QuickStart-Templates/master/sql-2014-non-ha' gives a 404 error.

There was no SQL server installed in the VM created.
    Friday, April 15, 2016 8:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.
    I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Neelesh
    Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:35 AM
  • Hi Abinaya,

Instead of 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Azure/AzureStack-QuickStart-Templates/master/sql-2014-non-ha', you could try https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Azure/AzureStack-QuickStart-Templates/master/sql-2014-non-ha/deploySqlStandalone_NonDomain.ps1.zip seems to work for me.

Regards,
    Malar.

Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:56 AM
  • Oops! Yes, that link works for me as well.
    But SQLRP deployment still shows same error.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:22 PM
  • Hello Abinaya,

Please send us an email at <ascustfeedback@microsoft.com>, so that we can assist in collecting the logs for analysis.

Regards,
    Neelesh

Friday, April 22, 2016 3:17 AM
  • Hello Abinaya,

Thank you for sending us the logs.
    We appreciate your time and patience and would update you on the same soon.

Regards,
    Neelesh

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:40 AM
  • Hello Abinaya,

The created sqlrp vm does not seem to have access to internet, please verify whether you have access to the internet from the created vm sqlrp.

The issue should be fixed with internet connection to the SQLRP VM. Due to any proxy issues, if you are unable to connect to the internet, please try the following work around steps:

1.    Download the SQL image http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/2/F/8/2F8F7165-BB21-4D1E-B5D8-3BD3CE73C77D/SQLServer2014SP1-FullSlipstream-x64-ENU.iso
    2.    Open the default PIR image at < \\sofs\Share\CRP\PlatformImages\WindowsServer2012R2DatacenterEval\WindowsServer2012R2DatacenterEval.vhd >
    3.    Create new Folder call SQL2014 on the PIR image
    4.    Copy all files from the ISO into the folder SQL2014
    5.    Rerun the deployment after cleaning up the already created resource group

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Neelesh

Thursday, April 28, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi,
    The SQLRP VM did not have internet connectivity. How do I ensure that it gets internet connectivity? I use a proxy server in my Azure Stack POC setup.
     I downloaded the ISO file like you instructed and followed the steps. It still fails with the same error. Should I make any changes to the powershell script/template?
    Friday, April 29, 2016 4:46 PM
  • Hi Abinaya,

You could try if the following script works for you, to enable internet connectivity for your SQLRP VM: 

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings' -Name ProxySettingsPerUser -Value 0

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings' -NameProxyEnable -Value 1

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings' -NameProxyOverride -Value '<local>;*.domain.fqdn'

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings' -NameProxyServer -Value 'proxyserver.domain.fqdn:8080' 

Regards,
    Malar.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:46 AM
  • Hi, 
    When running this power-shell script what values should I change? Only the proxy server value?

Thanks,
    Abinaya
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:33 PM
  • Hi Abinaya,

Unfortunately, This feature is not currently available right now in TP 1.0. This option may be available in future releases.

Regards,

Pradeep

Friday, May 6, 2016 3:18 AM
  • Hi 
    Which feature is not currently available? 
    Monday, May 9, 2016 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

Installation of SQLRP while using the proxy to accessing the internet is not currently supported. We are trying to determine whether there is workaround for this.

Regards,

Pradeep

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:28 AM
  • Thanks. I got MySQL resource provider to work. That doesn't require internet connectivity inside Tenant VM?
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 10:38 PM
  • Hi Abinaya,

That is great news.

Would you mind sharing the steps that you took to get the MySQL RP to work with the proxy?

Regards,

Pradeep

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 3:43 AM
  • I just followed the steps in this blog and it worked.
    https://azurestack.eu/2016/02/enable-paas-mysql-in-azure-stack-tp1/

This was TP1.0 before the upgrade release on April 29th

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:23 AM
  • Hi Abinaya,

Thank for sharing this information.

Regards,

Pradeep

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:09 AM