get associated SSID in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Suppose a user uses the network panel to associate to a Wi-Fi hotspot that requires WISPR authentication.  Then suppose the user selects to login through the web browser, but does not know how.

Is it possible to write a Windows Store App that is <i>not</i> a mobile operator app, so that in this particular scenario the user can open the app and the app can:

1. Get the associated SSID?

2. Do custom WISPR authentication (say through HTTP) with the associated SSID?

Again, please note this is not a mobile operator app.  Also please note the user is initiating the Wi-Fi association, and also opening the app when needed -- all the app is doing is finding the associated SSID and performing the WISPR authentication.

Thanks,

Nick

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:51 PM

Answers

• Sorry, the answer is no.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:57 PM

All replies

• I have some information on this that I can give you on Monday.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:16 AM
  • Sorry, the answer is no.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:57 PM