none
HCK test target machine detection problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've a problem in the detection of test targets machines, doing minidriver certification tests.

I'm using 1 PC with dual boot, a Windows 7 AMD64 (NETWORK NAME RND-PC) and Windows 7 x86 (NETWORK NAME W7-HCK-32).

I've successfully completed the certification tests on the "RND-PC" W7 AMD64 OS.

Then I've restarted the test target it and I've selected the "W7-HCK-32" OS, W7 x86.

In the machine pool where "RND-PC" was listed as "Windows 7 Client x64" now there is "W7-HCK-32" incorrectly listed as "Windows 7 Client x64".
    In the project test results the tests are now not anymore associated with "RND-PC", but with "W7-HCK-32"!

Creating a new project and selecting "W7-HCK-32" as target and the device to test, the HCK

Studio is convinced that the machine is actually a x64 and want to execute the x64 tests!

What can I do? Why HCK Studio thinks that "W7-HCK-32" and "RND-PC" are same machine?

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First WHCK doesn't support of Multi-Boot OS.. anyway refer the below thread once you will get clarity..

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whck/thread/e47ba55a-7f9f-427f-a556-f62741cfd4f4

Still have doubts you can share..

Yesubabu Gude

• Proposed as answer by Yesubabu Gude Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:52 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 3:12 PM
  • Can you try booting off of two different hard drives for each OS rather than the same partition?  A different model as well as I believe that is a part of the id.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:11 PM
  • As YesubabuGudehas has said, this is not a supported configuration.

Both boot options are being associated with the same client entry on the controller.  The client configuration data returned from the client system is only being collected for that one entry.  This will cause the client configuration data is going to become a mix from the 32-bit and 64-bit installs which will result in the HCK Studio returning the wrong information.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, June 17, 2013 11:18 PM