No Visible Color Management Improvements

Question

• Unless I'm missing something, Windows 8 seems to have exactly the same support for color-management as Windows 7.  Perhaps it's just not done yet.

Why doesn't Internet Explorer 10 properly interpret the monitor profile?  It appears to still just use the image profile and transform the colors to the sRGB color space.  It's actually difficult to find a monitor any more that provides the sRGB color gamut.  Most have wider gamuts.

-Noel

• Edited by Noel Carboni Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:00 AM

Answers

• Hey Noel,

Thank you for posting your feedback.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:09 PM

All replies

• Hey Noel,

Thank you for posting your feedback.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:09 PM
  • I am not an MSDN subscriber, nor have I downloaded the Windows Feedback Tool up to now.  It just seemed easier to provide feedback here.

Okay, I've downloaded and installed it.  I'll figure out where to put the above information...

-Noel

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:21 PM