voume control/device manage won't start. snap in failled to initiate??? RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i've recently noticed that i can't open up my device managers or volume control etc. and whenever i try to open device manager i hear an error sound and a message comes on the screen that says that the "snap in faileld to initiate."  i tried to use another tutorial from support to fix it but when i did the code that i put in "REGSVR32 ProcCon.dll" was not recofgnized or something. it said that procCon.dll was not found.  What should I do? thank you.
    Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:33 PM

Answers

• Sorry, but this thread is off-topic.  This forum is for the Microsoft Device Emulator, which emulates a PocketPC or Smartphone device on your PC.  You might want to try one of the microsoft.public.* newsgroups related to Win32 and MMC snapins.

Barry

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:15 AM

All replies

• I am sorry but i don't understand your question. Can you please explain a little more? Are you obtaining this on device emulator?

-Thanks,

Mohit

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:42 PM
  • every time I try to open my volume control i hear a bell sound and it doesnt open. i tried following a tutorial that said to go to my device manager but when i tried to do that, the device manager would not open either. i got a message saying that the two codes that i posted earlier coudl not be found.  and now whenever i try to manually open other porgrams, it doesnt work.  i get messages that the memory could not be "read." no matter what i do, nothing works. none of my programs, with the exception of spybot search and destroy ( which i got from microsoft so i think it's legit) refuse to open. the only time any of the programs that won't open ( like Internet explorer, Itunes) actually open, is when another program has a link and it opens up Internet Explorer. this is what I had to do to actually get on this board today.  I really don't know what's going on and it seems that it gets worse every time i go to my computer.  can anybody help me here, or am I on the wrong board?

if i am on the wrong board can someone post a link to the correct one please. thank you.

Monday, July 17, 2006 7:54 PM
  • Sorry, but this thread is off-topic.  This forum is for the Microsoft Device Emulator, which emulates a PocketPC or Smartphone device on your PC.  You might want to try one of the microsoft.public.* newsgroups related to Win32 and MMC snapins.

Barry

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:15 AM
  • thank you. but would you have any idea where that is becaus every time i try to search for the appropriate boar i end up on the wrong one and I cant find where I'm supposed to go.
    Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:27 PM