Windows Update Process for ISV drivers RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to install my drivers through windows update. It would be good to know the process for that, and answers for following queries:

1. FONT-FAMILY: SimSun } font-face { FONT-FAMILY: SimSun } font-face { FONT-FAMILY: "Arial Unicode MS" } font-face { FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma } font-face { FONT-FAMILY: SimSun } font-face { FONT-FAMILY: "@Arial Unicode MS" } P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif" } LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif" } DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif" } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } A:visited { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } P.MsoAcetate { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif" } LI.MsoAcetate { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif" } DIV.MsoAcetate { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif" } SPAN.EmailStyle17 { COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY: "Arial","sans-serif" } SPAN.EmailStyle18 { COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY: "Arial","sans-serif" } SPAN.BalloonTextChar { FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif" } .MsoChpDefault { FONT-SIZE: 10pt } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 }Process of submitting any driver to Windows Update.

2. Does Windows update distributes the binaries and copy to machine after downloading. Or we can submit our  installer to Windows Update and this installer will run as a part of windows update.

3. If submission of a installer is not possible than would there any way we can update the registry entry on machine in order to stop driver downgradation.

Thanks,

Navin

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:50 PM forum consolidation (From:Architecture, Tools, and Process for ISVs)
    Friday, January 30, 2009 3:36 AM

All replies

• I would like to install my drivers through windows update. It would be good to know the process for that, and answers for following queries:

1. Process of submitting any driver to Windows Update.

2. Does Windows update distributes the binaries and copy to machine after downloading. Or we can submit our  installer to Windows Update and this installer will run as a part of windows update.

3. If submission of a installer is not possible than would there any way we can update the registry entry on machine in order to stop driver downgradation.

Thanks,

Navin

Friday, January 30, 2009 3:38 AM