Issue while implementing attachment extraction using Orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• I have a scenario where I will be getting attachment on mailbox. I need to extract that attachment for further processing. 

I have implemented the looping of multi-part message referring(http://www.biztalkgurus.com/biztalk_server/biztalk_blogs/b/biztalk/archive/2006/08/08/how-to-split-received-email-attachments-in-biztalk-2006.aspx) but it is creating 4 files, one with attachment and others with email details. 

Please help me to get only the attachment part ignoring the rest.

One more thing I have found that while using gmail, it is creating only one attachment file as required but while using office365 it is creating 4 files.

Below is the orchestration I have implemented using the above link. I need to access only the attachment of the mail.

Please help me with this issue. I need to solve it on urgent basis.

DivyaniSingh

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:39 AM

All replies

• IIRC you should have properties on each attachment telling you what to grab

We have an older implementation with 3 attachments at times
    I can check it later

rgds /Peter

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:32 AM
  • Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I have only one attachment coming on mail.

But after the orchestration executes, it is creating 4 files. 3 files are having garbage data and xml of email contents like subject, To, From etc. 4th file is the actual attachment. I need only this attachment file in my destination folder. As further processing is being done on attachment.

Regards,

Divyani

DivyaniSingh

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:05 AM
  • Check message type of each part and use a decide shape inside your loop shape "looppart"
    Send all parts you don't like to a garbage folder

hth /Peter

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:32 PM
  • Hi Divyani

U can use a custom pipeline component so that perfomance of the solution would be better.

Try out this link:-

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21001.biztalk-server-how-to-extract-email-attachments-by-pipeline.aspx

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:13 AM
  • Hi,

I have implemented the pipeline component. The original code had some bugs and was creating 4 files(3 images and one attachment). After manipulating the code little bit now I am receiving only the csv file but it is a blank attachment. I am using BizTalk 2009 for the project.

Below is my updated code:

public void Disassemble(Microsoft.BizTalk.Component.Interop.IPipelineContext pc, Microsoft.BizTalk.Message.Interop.IBaseMessage inmsg)
            {

var partName = string.Empty;

// we start from index 1 because index zero contains the body of the message

// which we are not interested

for (int i = 1; i < inmsg.PartCount; i++)
                {

IBaseMessagePart currentPart = inmsg.GetPartByIndex(i, out partName);

Stream currentPartStream = currentPart.GetOriginalDataStream();

var ms = new MemoryStream();

IBaseMessage outMsg;

outMsg = pc.GetMessageFactory().CreateMessage();

if (outMsg.Context == null)
                    {
                        outMsg.Context = pc.GetMessageFactory().CreateMessageContext();
                    }

outMsg.AddPart("Body", pc.GetMessageFactory().CreateMessagePart(), true);

if (outMsg.GetPart("Body").PartProperties == null)
                    {
                        outMsg.GetPart("Body").PartProperties = pc.GetMessageFactory().CreatePropertyBag();
                    }

for (int j = 0; j < inmsg.Context.CountProperties; j++)
                    {

string currentName;

string currentNamespace;

object objin = inmsg.Context.ReadAt(j, out currentName, out currentNamespace);

outMsg.Context.Write(currentName, currentNamespace, objin);

if (inmsg.Context.IsPromoted(currentName, currentNamespace))
                        {

outMsg.Context.Promote(currentName, currentNamespace, objin);

}

}

for (int j = 0; j < currentPart.PartProperties.CountProperties; j++)
                    {

string currentName;

string currentNamespace;

object objin = currentPart.PartProperties.ReadAt(j, out currentName, out currentNamespace);

outMsg.GetPart("Body").PartProperties.Write(currentName, currentNamespace, objin);

}

//currentPartStream.CopyTo(ms);
                    byte[] buffer = new byte[4096];
                    int bytesRead = 0;

while ((bytesRead = currentPartStream.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)) != 0)
                    {
                        ms.Write(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
                    }
                    string attachmentContent = Encoding.Default.GetString(ms.ToArray());
                    MemoryStream attachmentStream = new System.IO.MemoryStream(System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetBytes(attachmentContent));

//string attachmentContent = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(ms.ToArray());
                    //MemoryStream attachmentStream = new System.IO.MemoryStream(
                    //System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(attachmentContent));
                    outMsg.GetPart("Body").Data = ms;

//Promote attachment file name

outMsg.Context.Write("ReceivedFileName", "http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003/file-properties", currentPart.PartProperties.Read("FileName", "http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003/mime-properties"));

_msgs.Enqueue(outMsg);

}

}

Please suggest any change to make it work.

DivyaniSingh

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:33 AM