none
Need to establish an Azure pricing tier required for QnA Maker RRS feed

• Question

• I'm an Azure and QnA Maker newbie, so apologies if this is a dumb question, but ...

I signed up for Azure for the free trial. Want to use QnA Maker to create a bot using an existing FAQ. When I try my first "create" in QnA Maker, the panel containing a the "pricing tier" pull down is blank. Therefore an error occurs when I try to initiate Create in QnA Maker. How do I specify a "pricing tier" in Azure so I can use QnA maker? Thanks.

Friday, May 24, 2019 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you please let us know if you have published your KB in QnAMaker portal? After publishing the same you should get an option to create a bot which will redirect you to Azure portal with the options to create a webapp bot with QnA Auth key and other settings including the pricing tier. 

If you have completed the above steps and still do not see the pricing tier it is most likely the subscription selected is not correct and select the same subscription as used in your QnAMaker. Also, Could you please clarify if you have already created a QnA bot prior to this one?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. 

Saturday, May 25, 2019 3:06 PM
    Owner
  • Hi, 

You must create first the Bot service, and after the QnA service.

Check this link for detailed instructions.

Please, If you think your question has been answered click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Saturday, May 25, 2019 8:56 PM