none
NPM and Bower config file

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to implement NPM and Bower in my MVC 5 ASP.NET 4.6.1 project. I checked a lot of tutorials and they all say to right click on the project and then choose new item and Under Web->General I should see "NPM configuration file" and "Bower configuration file", but I don't see them. I've installed .NET core preview and the update 2 of VS2015. Am I missing something?

I'm using the professionnal version if that matter.

Regards,

Danny

Friday, June 17, 2016 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Danny,

I test it in my VS2015 community with update 2(Generally the VS pro version will supports all features of the community version), I could get the two items.

(1) Create the MVC project:

Add items:

So I'm afraid that it would be related to your VS setup.

(1)Please make sure that it is not the steps ' issue, please check it again as the above steps.

(2) Please check that whether it is related to the template loaded:

1) Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE);
    2) Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder;
    3) Open Visual Studio Command Prompt (2015)/ VS2015 x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);
    4) Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch;
    5) Run the devenv /Setup switch

(3) Please repair your VS, you could click "modify" button during the setup wizard, and enable most of the options except third party tools, check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 20, 2016 8:54 AM

All replies

• Nobody?
    Friday, June 17, 2016 7:59 PM
  • Hi Danny,

I test it in my VS2015 community with update 2(Generally the VS pro version will supports all features of the community version), I could get the two items.

(1) Create the MVC project:

Add items:

So I'm afraid that it would be related to your VS setup.

(1)Please make sure that it is not the steps ' issue, please check it again as the above steps.

(2) Please check that whether it is related to the template loaded:

1) Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE);
    2) Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder;
    3) Open Visual Studio Command Prompt (2015)/ VS2015 x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);
    4) Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch;
    5) Run the devenv /Setup switch

(3) Please repair your VS, you could click "modify" button during the setup wizard, and enable most of the options except third party tools, check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 20, 2016 8:54 AM