none
CLR version on Windows XP RRS feed

Answers

• I'm afraid that you have to update CLR manually or if all version of .NET framework have been installed on the machine, just remove old version. This is because .NET Framework 3.5 can be used for an application built with 2.0 and issues with .NET Framework 2.0 must have been fixed in 3.5.
    Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Paul Zhou Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Monday, October 31, 2011 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:54 AM

All replies

• Why you need that particular version? Your software crashes on String.EndWith?

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:23 AM
  • Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:40 AM
  • It does not crash on String.EndWith, I created a test application and it was not a case. But I am getting crashes without any clue or log, so actually I do not know why it is crashing.

The details are in the link Karel Zikmund has provided, I decided to open a new question about CLR version, I was not able to update it on the affected machine.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:26 AM
  • I'm afraid that you have to update CLR manually or if all version of .NET framework have been installed on the machine, just remove old version. This is because .NET Framework 3.5 can be used for an application built with 2.0 and issues with .NET Framework 2.0 must have been fixed in 3.5.
    Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Paul Zhou Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Monday, October 31, 2011 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:54 AM