none
Unable to Debug on Galileo Gen 1 after Firmware Update. Fatal Error at Memory Location. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just flashed the Micro SD card with the latest wim file (9600.16384.x86fre.winblue_rtm_iotbuild.141114-1440_galileo_v2) just today. I have also updated the PC using the latest .msi file as well. The Remote Debug in Visual Studio 13 Professional worked fine before the update on the Galileo Board Gen 1 (Supplied by the IoT)

When I try and debug the Default Sample Application, it now produces an error.

Unhandled exception at 0x779F0F63 in Galileo Wiring Prototype.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: _arduino_fatal_error at memory location 0x006BF534.

Intimidate Window:

First-chance exception at 0x779F0F63 in Galileo Wiring Prototype.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: _arduino_fatal_error at memory location 0x006BF4B0.

Sketch Aborted! A fatal error has occurred:
    Failed to initialized Analog
    First-chance exception at 0x779F0F63 in Galileo Wiring Prototype.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: _arduino_fatal_error at memory location 0x006BF534.
    First-chance exception at 0x779F0F63 in Galileo Wiring Prototype.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: _arduino_fatal_error at memory location 0x00BAF7C8.

Sketch Aborted! A fatal error has occurred:
    Failed to initialized Analog
    First-chance exception at 0x779F0F63 in Galileo Wiring Prototype.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: _arduino_fatal_error at memory location 0x00BAF84C.
    First-chance exception at 0x779F0F63 in Galileo Wiring Prototype.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: _arduino_fatal_error at memory location 0x00BAF84C.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you able to deploy a breakpoint in Main.cpp and step through the code until the exception is hit?
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, for your reply. I tried it in another PC with Visual Studio set up and it works for some reason. So i reinstalled Visual Studio and the .msi package last night and it works now. I didn't try to deploy a breakpoint unfortunately, so I dont know what the problem was.

Monday, January 19, 2015 6:32 PM
  • So glad to hear your problem is solved! Our suspicion is that your project was out of date and was deploying and executable compiled for the older image. We do have some documentation around updating your project between installs of the Windows On Devices bits. Take a look at:

http://ms-iot.github.io/content/HelloBlinky.htm#update-your-project

When you do get your own project up, please don't forget to share it with other on Github.

Monday, January 19, 2015 6:46 PM