Browser Preference doesnt seem to work RRS feed

• Question

• I have set my browser mode to desktop but most sites will still send me to their mobile site instead. This never happened with windows 8.0

Matthew Montgomery

Friday, May 23, 2014 8:52 PM

Answers

• Nokia Lumia 929

OS Version: 8.10.12382.878

Firmware reversion number: 1028.3539.1402.1042

website

VerizonWireless.com

Click on My Verizon it will take you straight to their mobile site regardless of my site preference.

I cleared the History and restarted the phone. And nothing worked.

Matthew Montgomery

• Marked as answer by Nadako Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:14 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:40 PM

All replies

• Howdy Nadako,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Support forums.

I was unable to reproduce the behavior you described on a Nokia Lumia 1520 that is running the 8.1 update. If you can reply back at your earliest convenience with the following bits of information it will allow us to investigate this further:

• Make and model of the phone.
    • The current OS version and Firmware revision number on the phone. They can be seen by going to Settings > About > More Info.
    • An example of a website that is not working as expected.

For the time being, you can try to clear the internet history/cache by doing the following steps:

• Select Settings from the app list and swipe to the side for applications settings.
    • Select Internet Explorer and press the delete history button.

It will delete any cache that may have been saved from when the mobile version setting was turned on. After doing that, does the issue remain?

I hope this information helps to address your issue. As always if you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this post and we'll be happy to assist.

Regards,
    Bryce B

Friday, May 23, 2014 10:06 PM
  • Nokia Lumia 929

OS Version: 8.10.12382.878

Firmware reversion number: 1028.3539.1402.1042

website

VerizonWireless.com

Click on My Verizon it will take you straight to their mobile site regardless of my site preference.

I cleared the History and restarted the phone. And nothing worked.

Matthew Montgomery

• Marked as answer by Nadako Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:14 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:40 PM
  • So I was able to see that the website continued to deliver the mobile version of the site no matter the setting chosen. This appears to be caused by the website detecting the phone initially and not changing what it sends unless you change the options on the website.

On VerizonWireless.com, if you tap "Full Site" on the very bottom of the webpage then you will be presented with desktop version of the site. This is the option that is not changing when you change the settings with phone.

Verizon would need to update their website to resolve this issue but the workaround I just mentioned should resolve this for the time being.

Regards,
    Bryce B.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:03 PM