Not able to start or stop job RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Status stays on "starting...", stopping also does not work, stays on "stopping...".

Stopping worked once and that gave me the following operation error:

The streaming job failed: The operation did not complete within the allocated time 00:01:10 for object session 1237.

Maybe another useful error:

Operation Failed Unexpectedly. Activity Id: '951cb7a5-7929-4bab-a605-38ff68f160fa-2016-04-20 14:03:18Z'.

Another: 

Operation Failed Unexpectedly. Activity Id: 'c8a94fe8-9618-465d-9275-6dde9cb983e8-2016-04-20 14:32:22Z'. .
    Located in west-europe 

• Edited by Erwin K Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As Ming mentioned, there was an incident in West Europe (Sev 2 indicates the severity of the incident). Here is the summary of the incident:

SUMMARY OF IMPACT: Between 10:14 and 16:38 UTC on 20 Apr, 2016 customers using Stream Analytics in West Europe may have experienced issues starting jobs through Azure Portal or through API. Jobs that were restarted either by the user or the system during this time may have been impacted. Impacted customers may have seen jobs remaining in "Starting" state. PRELIMINARY ROOT CAUSE: Service Worker Roles in the region entered an unhealthy state and jobs were not scheduled as requested. MITIGATION: The Worker Roles were manually restarted to bring them back into a healthy state. NEXT STEPS: Investigate the underlying root cause of this issue and develop a solution to prevent reoccurrences.

The Azure status page was not updated, but affected customers should have received this communication on operations logs. However, there was indication that not all customers received the notification and that is being investigated.

Thanks,

Kati

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Also for me, 

Western Europe Region, can't stop an ASA and cant create a new one.

Thanks,
    Amir

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:31 PM
  • Hi,

Also for me, 

Western Europe Region, can't stop an ASA and cant create a new one.

Thanks,
    Amir

Thanks for the reply, same region for me. 
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:43 PM
  • FML

I hope someone from microsoft sees this soon and lets us know what is going on

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:48 PM
  • FML

I hope someone from microsoft sees this soon and lets us know what is going on

Me too. 

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Hey Erwin,

I recreated my ASA job in north europe and it seems to work now.

I guess its limited to western europe.

They still need to fix it ASAP, but this might be a workaround for you as well.

Cheers,

Amir

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:07 PM
  • Hey Erwin,

I recreated my ASA job in north europe and it seems to work now.

I guess its limited to western europe.

They still need to fix it ASAP, but this might be a workaround for you as well.

Cheers,

Amir

Thanks for the info and testing it in another region! This workaround comes too late now and we just use an old (but still running) job for our case.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:40 PM
  • Amir is right.  There was a Sev2 ongoing in West Europe. We fixed that issue now. Sorry for the trouble.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:37 PM
  • Amir is right.  There was a Sev2 ongoing in West Europe. We fixed that issue now. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks for the reply. What is a Sev2?

I also watched the status page of Azure to see if there was some issue, but nothing showed up. Is there some other place we can check for status logs?

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:15 PM
  • Hi,

As Ming mentioned, there was an incident in West Europe (Sev 2 indicates the severity of the incident). Here is the summary of the incident:

SUMMARY OF IMPACT: Between 10:14 and 16:38 UTC on 20 Apr, 2016 customers using Stream Analytics in West Europe may have experienced issues starting jobs through Azure Portal or through API. Jobs that were restarted either by the user or the system during this time may have been impacted. Impacted customers may have seen jobs remaining in "Starting" state. PRELIMINARY ROOT CAUSE: Service Worker Roles in the region entered an unhealthy state and jobs were not scheduled as requested. MITIGATION: The Worker Roles were manually restarted to bring them back into a healthy state. NEXT STEPS: Investigate the underlying root cause of this issue and develop a solution to prevent reoccurrences.

The Azure status page was not updated, but affected customers should have received this communication on operations logs. However, there was indication that not all customers received the notification and that is being investigated.

Thanks,

Kati

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:26 PM