none
How can I get the display values - not the ID - from InfoPath Multiple Selection Listbox in to a text box with delimiter

Question

• Hi folks,

I have an InfoPath 2013 (SharePoint List) form with an Edit page and a View page. On the Edit page I have a multiple selection listbox which gets its values from a secondary data connection to a SharePoint list.

This gives me the following on my Edit page:

On my View page I would like to show all the SELECTED display name(s) concatenated in a text box or a calculated value. For example, if Central West and North West were selected, the text box or calculated value should display:

Central West; North West

I have tried working out how to do this from various posts on InfoPath Dev and other sites but it is confusing me...

This is the current formula I have for a calculated value default:

and the xpath looks like this:

This returns the ID's of the selected items - I need the display names!

Can anyone give me a clue what I need to change to get the display names instead of the ID's?

Thanks

Mark

• Edited by emjem Wednesday, January 04, 2017 4:59 AM typo
    Wednesday, January 04, 2017 4:57 AM

Answers

• Hi emjem,

From your description, you want to display the Titles but not IDs in Text Box control when you select items in Multiple-Selection List Box control.

Try to select “d:Title” instead of “d:ID” in the value section as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 05, 2017 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi emjem,

From your description, you want to display the Titles but not IDs in Text Box control when you select items in Multiple-Selection List Box control.

Try to select “d:Title” instead of “d:ID” in the value section as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 05, 2017 6:55 AM
  • Hi emjem,

How about your issue?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

If you resolved your issue, you can mark the helpful post to help more communities.

Also, you can share your resolution and mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 6:50 AM