LaunchFileAsync with wrong behavior. How to open a image by Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchFileAsync with delete option, not with save option?

Question

• I try to use Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchFileAsync to open a image previously saved, but when the image is opened by Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchFileAsync, there is the option to save image, however what i want is a option to delete the image, because that image is already saved. Below, there is the source code that i use to open the image.

public async Task OpenMedia(StorageFile media)
            {
                if (media != null)
                {
                    await Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchFileAsync(media);
                }
            }
    Monday, August 18, 2014 8:24 PM

Answers

• There is no way to control what the launched app will do with the file.

If you want to delete the image then you can decide on that instead of launching the file.

--Rob

Monday, August 18, 2014 8:26 PM
    Owner

All replies

• There is no way to control what the launched app will do with the file.

If you want to delete the image then you can decide on that instead of launching the file.

--Rob

Monday, August 18, 2014 8:26 PM
    Owner
  • I`m sorry, I think that I was not very well specific. The image will be launched by app Photos of Windows Phone 8.1. When I open a image by app Photos that gives to me 4 options: share, edit, delete and favorite. Really is there no way to open app Photos by launcher with options share, edit, delete and favorite instead the options share, edit, save and favorite for an image already saved?

Monday, August 18, 2014 8:57 PM
  • No, there is no way to control how the launched app handles the file.

--Rob

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:58 AM
    Owner