none
What is the difference between .NET and .NET Framework? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Can you please tell the difference between .NET and .NET Framework?

This question is asked by one of the interviewer.

With Regards,

DP

Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:10 AM

Answers

• Hi DP,

Thank you for your post.

From my point of view, it's the same.

The .NET Framework is an integral Windows component that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services. We need .NET Framework to support .NET application.

I'm not quite sure what the interviewer wants to know. I would suspect, the interview might want to know the difference between .NET application and .NET Framework. One is the product. The other is the foundation to support the product.
    It's just guess. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by DP_CHE Friday, May 14, 2010 9:46 AM
    Friday, May 14, 2010 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi DP,

Thank you for your post.

From my point of view, it's the same.

The .NET Framework is an integral Windows component that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services. We need .NET Framework to support .NET application.

I'm not quite sure what the interviewer wants to know. I would suspect, the interview might want to know the difference between .NET application and .NET Framework. One is the product. The other is the foundation to support the product.
    It's just guess. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by DP_CHE Friday, May 14, 2010 9:46 AM
    Friday, May 14, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Hi Chen,

Thanks for your reply.

Yesterday i search with google about this question. But i am not get any relavent result.

And this is very simple question from the basic. More no of guys view this but no one give the reply.

From these two things  i thought the question is not correct.

And i think your guess is correct. An interviewer may want the answer difference between the .net application and frame work.

With Regards,

DP

Friday, May 14, 2010 9:46 AM
  • Hi DP,

You're welcome.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Friday, May 14, 2010 9:51 AM