none
Broken window RRS feed

• Question

• When I have a form in MS Access 2016 in design mode, the scrolling is not synchronized. It looks like a broken window. Only the right bottom part of the form performs a scroll. The rest stays frozen.

This only happens when I use the windows "extend desktop" option when I use a second monitor on my laptop. It has nothing to do with video drivers because I experience this error like many other developers on several brands of laptops with different video drivers.

Pleas help

Jim de la Combe freelance VBA developer

Friday, January 3, 2020 2:32 PM

All replies

• Unlike you, I think it has to do with video drivers. I and many other developers use two monitors without this issue.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Saturday, January 4, 2020 1:19 AM
  • Hi Tom,

thanks for the quick reply. As I stated before, not only I but other developers experience this same issue with different brands of laptops and thus different video drivers. 

We all experience this issue when the second monitor is on 100%. If it is on 150% than everything works fine. The only thing than is, that everything (fonts, controls etc.) are very big!

Kind regards

Jim

Saturday, January 4, 2020 11:28 AM
  • Thank you for the extra information about zoom level. I will pass it on to MSFT. No guarantees...

Saturday, January 4, 2020 11:22 PM
  • Does the problem go away when you close and re-open Access?

Saturday, January 4, 2020 11:33 PM
  • I've experience all sort of visual issues (both in the GUI and in the VBE) with the latest versions of Access.  I close everything down and restart it.  You always, sadly, just get used to it after a while.

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2019 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Sunday, January 5, 2020 12:08 PM
  • No Tom

it does not go away when I close and re-open Access of restart the computer.

Sunday, January 5, 2020 12:50 PM
  • it does not go away when I close and re-open Access of restart the computer.

Sunday, January 5, 2020 12:51 PM