none
Is there any update from MS related to Realtek RTL8188CU driver for Wince 7?? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Developers,

Greetings!

As, I have read that MS core provides USB based Realtek WLAN support for WINCE 7. As, upto so far I am unable to find it in catalog items. If anyone knows, he/she will be appreciated for KT..

Thursday, June 4, 2015 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

indeed WEC2013 includes some binary driver for Realtek WIFI - WINCE800\public\common\oak\drivers\netcard\rtwlanu
    I didn't test it, but it hex contains the following lines -

Adapter(8192CU) is found
    Adapter(8192DU) is found
    Adapter(8723AU) is found
    Adapter(8188EU) is found
    Adapter(8812AU) is found
    Adapter(8821AU) is found
    Adapter(8723BU) is found
    Adapter(8192EU) is found
    Adapter(8813AU) is found

But, please note that WEC2013 binaries is not compatible with WEC7.

Best regards, Igor

Thursday, June 4, 2015 10:55 AM
  • Dear Developers, Greetings!

iShust Thanks,

I have read that 

Thursday, June 4, 2015 11:06 AM
  • Hi Partap,

If you have a registered copy of Platform Builder 7 and a WINCE700 root, all of the common drivers shipped by Microsoft should be in the %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Common\Oak\Drivers folder (For example "WINCE700\public\COMMON\oak\drivers\netcard\rtl8185") as described in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee478365(v=winembedded.60).aspx or their respective BSP in the Platform directory.  Any updates to drivers from Microsoft will come with the regular product updates. For specific driver updates that relate to the hardware on your platform, you should be working with your silicon provider directly. 

Sincerely, IoTGirl

Monday, June 8, 2015 9:58 PM
  • Dear Developers,

Greetings!!!

IoTGril, Thanks for reply!!!

Yes you are right rtl8185 support is there and to select this module the cataloge item is BSP_NIC_NE2000_PCI.

But, I am looking for 8188CU for WINCE7 only and upto for far I am unable to find it.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 3:56 AM
  • Hi Partap,

Can you please provide the reference that states the rtl8188CU is available in CE 7?  I can not find it.  If it is compatible with the rtl8185 I suggest you start there or contact your parts supplier to get the driver from Realtek.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:02 PM
  • Dear Developers,

Greetings!!

Hi IoTGirl,

Please have a look on the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/drivercatalog.aspx

Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:59 AM
  • Hi Partap,

The website shows the Manufacturer of this driver is RealTek and does not state it is available from Microsoft. There is a "Contact" link in the description section that directs you to email "wlanfae@realtek.com". I suggest following up with that email address to find out about the availability of that driver for Windows CE 7 from RealTek. 

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, June 11, 2015 5:05 PM
  • Hi ,

I couldn't find RT8188CU ,RT8192CU driver for Windows embedded compact 7.

I have sent mail to RealTek also.

We got USB WiFi driver (RDLINK,RealTek ) for WinCE6.0 and Windows Embedded compact 2013.

Do you know any USB WiFi driver for windows embedded compact 7?

Thanks

With Regards

Rajesh kannan

Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:04 AM
  • Hi Rajesh,

Greetings!!!

No, I have no idea about USB wifi driver foir Wince7. If you want to proceed with SDIO based interface, then We have just closed one of our client's project with RedPine RS9110-N-11-02 for Wince7

~Thanks & Regards

Partap Singh

Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:50 AM
  • Hi Partap,

The answer to this question is Microsoft does not have an update to the Realtek Drivers you seek. From your previous entry, I assume you were able to get the drivers from Realtek.  can you please provide the link for others?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, August 24, 2015 5:57 PM
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Greetings!!!

Thanks for the info!! Which link I should provide??

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:51 AM
  • Hi Partap,

Please provide a link to your solution.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:07 PM
  • Simple answer: The RT8192CU USB wifi driver supplied with WEC2013 is a binary driver and it works just fine for WEC2013 devices.

http://www.embedded101.com/Blogs/David-Vescovi/entryid/546/windows-embedded-compact-iot-and-wifi

There is no driver for WEC7 even though the BSP driver page on the Microsoft web site incorrectly states there is. The WEC2013 driver is not binary compatible with WEC7.   

Dave

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:29 AM