media not playing when the headphones plugged in

Answers

• smilefishcc,

If your machine takes a splitter be sure to use that.  I believe the issue is a missing codec.

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:41 PM

All replies

• smilefishcc,

Is this a laptop?  If so which one?

Best Wishes - Eric

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:26 PM
  • Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:14 PM
  • hi, Eric. Thanks for your reply. It still happens when I watching this video. And it shows “Errors: Video could not be decoded” when the headphones plugged in. Then I refresh the page, the video plays normally with the headphones.

• Edited by smilefishcc Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:00 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:55 AM
  • Did you download the WMV or mp4 version of the video?

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:49 AM
  • Also are these headphones a 3.5 mm jack, USB, Bluetooth?  Which computer are you using?
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:50 AM
  • When I view the WMV version on a laptop and plug in a set of headphones using the 3.5 jack I do not see the issue.  What is your configuration?

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:35 AM
  • If you play the same file from a local hard drive in Windows Media Player do you see the same behavior?
    Friday, June 29, 2012 4:16 AM
  • hi Eric, thanks for your reply.

These headphones are a 3.5 mm jack. 

The computer that I used is a product of our company.

If I play the same file from a local hard drive in Windows Media Player, it plays normally when the headphones plugged or unplugged.

Monday, July 2, 2012 2:08 AM
  • Does the machine have a separate jack for the microphone and headphones?  Or simply one jack that is dedicated to a purpose or perhaps does both?  If it does both have you tried the splitter designed to work with it?
    Monday, July 2, 2012 7:08 PM
  • smilefishcc,

If your machine takes a splitter be sure to use that.  I believe the issue is a missing codec.

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:41 PM