Hyper v won't start RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running windows 8.1. I get the standard hyper-v won't start error when I try to test my app. I'm pretty sure I have everything enabled correctly in bios, and I have ran though all the standard checks. The main problem I have found is when I try to manually install hyper-v through the "Turn Windows Features on or off" menu, the box for hyper-v platform will not stay checked. It allows me to check it, I press ok, but it does nothing. When I reopen the menu, the box is again unchecked. Any advice? 

Edit: I also tried to uncheck the hyper-v entirely, in hopes I could reinstall it. However when I try to do this, it tells me it can't find the file. My thought is it thinks hyper-v is installed, but it actually isn't. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Edited by awyea Thursday, January 2, 2014 1:45 AM
    Wednesday, January 1, 2014 4:17 AM

Answers

• I think you have larger issues with the OS.  You may want to open a support case to get this resolved, or reinstall the OS.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:42 PM