none
BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems - Load balancing RRS feed

• Question

• This question really has to do with trying to load balance TI Manager within BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems.

I have a Host Initiated Process: where the Host (Mainframe) communicates with our TI Manager which is installed on Node1 (communicates via direct IP call over a specific port) of our BizTalk load balanced servers. The TI Manager receives the request from host and performs the necessary data manipulation, builds XML and send the request out to an external partner all within C# code, receives response and send the response back to Host.

At one point we went through BizTalk to handle the data manipulation, building XML and sending/receiving the request to the external partner, but we encountered alot of performance overhead from BizTalk. We ended up using code exclusively which drastically improved performance.
    So now, how can i make the TI Manager high-availability? The configuration i would like to use, is to have TI Managers installed on both nodes of our BizTalk servers, configured for a specific port and application. Then have the Host send requests to a seperate IP address (similar to how BizTalk is load balanced) and the requests find their way to the first available TI Manager (on either Node1 or Node2) to process the request.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

If this were to work, I assume I would need to configure the TI Manager on both BizTalk Nodes the same way, using the same port.

EDIT: Current configuration is BizTalk 2006 R2 and BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems 2006 R2
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies