Network Bridge Issue on Windows Store App 8.1

Question

• I am developing windows store app on 8.1 using C#.
    My app will display the currently connected wifi to the device.
    I am using the API "NetworkInformation.GetInternetConnectionProfile()" to get the connected wifi details like profile name.

Recently I created "Network Bridge" on my machine. Instead of showing correct connected SSID, My app is showing network bridge name.
    While debugging I found that "NetworkInformation.GetInternetConnectionProfile().ProfileName" is returnig "Network Bridge" name.
    It is working fine if Network Bridge is not created on the device.

Is there any way or API is avalible to get the correct SSID name of currently connected wifi if "Network Bridge" is there on the device.

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi ssriusav,

Let's see the return value of the NetworkInformation.GetInternetConnectionProfile(): The profile for the connection currently used to connect the machine to the Internet, or null if there is no connection profile with a suitable connection.

This means the Windows Store App will only get the Network Bridge for you because your machine currently use Network Bridge connect to the Internet.

However you can still try the API: NetworkInformation.GetConnectionProfiles | getConnectionProfiles method for gathering all network information and filter for your Wifi.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi ssriusav,

Let's see the return value of the NetworkInformation.GetInternetConnectionProfile(): The profile for the connection currently used to connect the machine to the Internet, or null if there is no connection profile with a suitable connection.

This means the Windows Store App will only get the Network Bridge for you because your machine currently use Network Bridge connect to the Internet.

However you can still try the API: NetworkInformation.GetConnectionProfiles | getConnectionProfiles method for gathering all network information and filter for your Wifi.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:59 AM
  • Thanks for reply.
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:37 PM