none
Windows Store Description Languages

Question

• Hi,

can anyone explain me how I can control the languages for my store description. I use Language="x-generate" in my appxmanifest and have set "en" as default language.

The list should only contain "en" and "de" and no country specific languages. This is the first package i've uploaded for this app so there can't be an issue with older packages.

Thank you for your help

Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:27 PM

Answers

• The Solution is not to use “en” or “de” but the specific language-country combination (e.g. “en-US”).

Windows automatically chooses the correct resources (e.g. en-US will be chosen for en-CA etc). There is an explanation on MSDN

• Marked as answer by Stonemiller Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:44 PM
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hello Stonemiller,

You can find guidelines for localization and globalization here. If you require further clarification, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:13 PM
  • The Solution is not to use “en” or “de” but the specific language-country combination (e.g. “en-US”).

Windows automatically chooses the correct resources (e.g. en-US will be chosen for en-CA etc). There is an explanation on MSDN

• Marked as answer by Stonemiller Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:44 PM
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:44 PM