Application won't launch using IIS RRS feed

• Question

• I've developed a Lightswitch application and published it using IIS server. I also was printing using SSRS directly from the application using Spursoft's report viewer extension. The print doesn't work as of a couple or three weeks ago and it had worked just fine for close to a year. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vern Miller

Monday, December 22, 2014 3:37 PM

Answers

• HI Vern,

Welcome to Lightswitch forum.

You'll need to turn tracing on to get the stack trace. That will help you diagnose. blogs.msdn.com/.../diagnosing-problems-in-a-deployed-lightswitch-application-eric-erhardt.aspx

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, December 24, 2014 2:10 AM

All replies

• app corrupt.. try to deploy again, this will help you in LightSwitch application deployment, see:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bethmassi/archive/2012/03/29/lightswitch-iis-deployment-enhancements-in-visual-studio-11.aspx

• Edited by Angie Xu Thursday, December 25, 2014 9:27 AM edit
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:11 AM
  • Thanks for your input. I had tried to redeploy without success.

Vern Miller

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:05 PM
  • HI Vern,

Welcome to Lightswitch forum.

You'll need to turn tracing on to get the stack trace. That will help you diagnose. blogs.msdn.com/.../diagnosing-problems-in-a-deployed-lightswitch-application-eric-erhardt.aspx

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, December 24, 2014 2:10 AM
  • Thanks. I will try that.  I'm using fiddler and it didn't turn up any information that was useful but perhaps the tracing will.

Vern Miller

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:58 AM
  • Hi Vern,

You can also follow this guide to check your deployment procedure, see: Deployment Guide: How to Configure a Web Server to Host LightSwitch Applications

Best regards,

Angie

Thursday, December 25, 2014 9:28 AM
  • I'm sure we're configured fine as the application ran just fine and users were able to print for several months.  Equally baffling is the fact a few users can print and some can't.  Definitely an annoying problem. Thanks

Vern Miller

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:18 PM