Can't register for developer license, error 0xC03F1014

Question

• I guess I tried all proposed solutions in the various forums, but I still can't get a developer license through Visual Studio. The registration asks for my Live login and then fails with error 0xC03F1014...

What I tried:

• Registering from Visual Studio
    • Registering form Blend
    • Registering with Powershell commands
    • Stopping virus scanner and firewall
    • Repair of VS
    • Contacting Microsoft, they are working on it

My situation:

• Windows 8 standard (not pro version, does it mattter ?)
    • Visual Studio Express 2013
    • W8 clean install, legitimate key, registration ok
    • No proxy, home situation

Ik hope anyone can help me out. I've been working to solve this problem way to long.

Many thanks in advance.

Friday, December 6, 2013 1:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Slowytech,

This isn't something we can help with on the forum. For individual help please open up a case with your developer account by visiting: http://aka.ms/storesupport and choose "Developer Tools" to open a support case. You may already have incidents included with your Store subscription which you can use as support options.

Friday, December 6, 2013 4:03 PM
    Owner
  • A support member of Microsoft helped me out. He indicated that this is a know issue and provided me with a registry patch.
    • Marked as answer by Slowytech Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:10 PM
  • What phone number did you call? All links I follow have Microsoft trying to charge me upwards of $200 because of their bug!!! Arggghhhhh.
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:56 AM
  • Because it was a known error, I didn't had to pay for the support. Also I think when you register for a payed (couple of dollars) developer account at the app-store, 2 support requests are included. Not sure about the this, but it was mentioned when I submitted the support request to Microsoft.
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:18 AM
  • Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:09 PM
    Owner