none
How do I hide options to answer to invitations to appointments? RRS feed

• Question

• I know how to do:

Appointment appointment = new Appointment(service);
                appointment.AllowNewTimeProposal = false;
                appointment.IsResponseRequested = false;

How do I hide the options from invitation? That is, currently shows Accept, Cancel and Tentative buttons, which essentially is "Hi this is an invitation, would you come to there?" while I want it to be "You will be there. Period.". Especially Declining needs to be prevented. It just can't be an option.

One option is to write directly to the user calendar, but I think that is quite an overkill.

And yes, I have discussed carefully about the "just don't press the decline"-option, so forget about suggesting that.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hello,

> Appointment appointment = new Appointment(service);

The OOM doesn't have public ctors for creating appointment items directly. Do use the OOM for getting the job done?

Anyway, appointment items (nor meeting items) from the OOM don't provide anything for that.

As a workaround you may consider using the MailItem class which provides the VotingOptions property which allows to setString specifying a delimited string containing the voting options for the mail message. Later you can use the VotingResponse property which returns or sets a  String specifying the voting response for the mail message. This property is usually set to one of the delimited values returned by the  VotingOptions property on a reply to the original message.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:38 PM