none
Logging in Fix (HELP)

Question

• I have Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition & I cannot login at all, as it states that my javascript is down.

I have check for a method to enable it, which I did even though it was already on in the first place, on both internet explorer, edge and firefox but to no avail as i tried to login again it gave me the same problem.

Does anyone have a fix for these as i really need to use Visual Studio soon

Saturday, December 10, 2016 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi MisSadRain,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

How did you try to enable JavaScript? Please have a look the following method and sign in again:

1. Enable JavaScript in IE, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab, and then click the Internet zone, click Custom level, scroll down to the Active scripting section, and then click Enable.

2. Make sure your IE browser is update to IE11 and set IE11 as the default browser then clean up the history data.

If not works, please open IE11 and access the Microsoft account page: https://account.microsoft.com/about and sign in, if it works fine, that means this issue not about the Microsoft account, it is more relates to the VS, you can have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Please run the VS with the safe mode, and sign in again. Please open an administrative CMD window and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE and run these commands: devenv.exe /safemode or /resetuserdata

2. Run the VS as administrator and sign in with your Microsoft account, see if it is related to the permission or not.

If this issue persists, please share the detail error information that displayed in the register page or share the screenshot in here, thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 8:54 AM