none
Access 2010 - Access 2016 Add-Ins RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using an Access 2010 application which uses the 'Add-ins' ribbon option to run

previously created Menus based on Access 2003 and earlier 'Macros'.  My company is updating

to Access (Office 2016) 2016.  I understand that option is no longer available.  What is the best

way to 'migrate' - update my DB so I can either use the old menus or convert the old menus to

Access 2016 menus??? Help please.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Karen,

Although I can't think of any at the moment, it's possible there are third-party utilities available to convert the old toolbars into ribbons. If not, you may have to dig in and create the custom ribbons yourself.

Just my 2 cents..

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:50 PM
  • Hi Karen,

It seems that you are using a third-part application. I would suggest you connect the application's support team for help since we do not have any idea how they develop the application. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:14 AM
  • Hi Karen,

>> What is the best way to 'migrate' - update my DB so I can either use the old menus or convert the old menus to Access 2016 menus???

As you know, Menus are end support. I would suggest you replace Menus by Ribbon on the UI, if you did not use the VBA function which is not supported on Access 2016, there is no need to change VBA code.

For consuming Ribbon, I suggest you refer below link.

# Customize the Ribbon

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Customize-the-Ribbon-45e110b9-531c-46ed-ab3a-4e25bc9413de

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Karen - The best site I know for Ribbon stuff is here. The author of that site also has a ribbon creator utility at a separate site. That site also has a converter for command bars.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Friday, October 27, 2017 3:53 PM